Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-09, 10:57 PM   #1
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Update re one of my "Students"

Yesterday we drove up to Canyon Lake so I could show him a still-usable launch (most are closed due to low wawa.) He fished from the bank for an hour or so, right by the ramp, and used 4" Dead Ringers in Wm/Pepper T-rigged on a 2/0 G-lock, pegged bead, free-sliding 1/16 tungsten...and caught three bass, one about 15". One of the three was caught on a 5" Wm/Pepper Senko.
Today, he and a buddy took his tiny 10' boat to Boerne (Ber-knee) City Lake. My student caught nine, most on the 4" Ringer in Salt/Pepper/Chartreuse Tail. His pal had never fished worms before but caught seven on them.
This was the first time my pupil had used 4" ringworms and now he's a believer.
Now the trick is to make him understand that he needs to broaden his repertoire from T/W, worms, and soft sticks and MAKE himself fish cranks, spinnerbaits, etc, rather than depend on the aforementioned.
Wind was UP and they took some water fighting their way back to the ramp. It's a no-gassie lake but they could have used it in an emergency...Reb and I did so once and I did so on two earlier "rescue" missions when someone was in trouble.
My other "Student" fished Choke Canyon (not to be confused with the previously mentioned Canyon Lake,) y'day, and fought serious wind (thankfully in a 21' Skitter w/250 'Ha.) Caught a few but has yet to connect with one of the 15+ lb'ers that have been active there as of late.
He reports lots of 'gators to be seen.
Fish were caught on BIG worms and spinnerbaits...mostly.
End report.

L6

PS: One of my pupil's rods was snagged on his buddy's backcast and went into 10-12' of COOL water. They stripped to skivvies and dove repeatedly (See: Repetitive Carp...inside joke) until they recovered it. Fun!
Well, for a Team Allstar I'd dive too.
L6

Last edited by Lancer6; 04-24-09 at 11:05 PM.
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-09, 11:18 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I "lost" a rod and reel too. Luckly I got it back. If you don't feel like diving in or the water is muddy use a marker bouy. Keep one handy and drop in right where the rod went in. Makes rescuing it much easier.
Old 04-24-09, 11:30 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hahaha, l6 i have CAUGHT A ROD AND REEL. gave it to someone. it was a diawa on a 6 foot rod.
Old 04-25-09, 08:27 AM   #4
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Come to think of it, I DID lose a Team AllStar once...but it happened on dry land. As I recall, a new fishing partner...never mind.

L6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-09, 10:21 AM   #5
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

My pupils are watery & irritated trying to decipher your messages.Perhaps my encode /decode manual is outdated ?

I have accounted for alot of fish on the Zoom deadringer /red shad.It's been years since I've fished them. Zyr'tec helps with the scratchy eyes.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.