Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-09, 10:22 PM   #1
S4il
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default More fish today (pics)

So i went out all day today, getting stumped at 4 small lakes, Not catching a darn thing, A few short strikes, on a spinnerbait, than another on a baby t 1-, But no takers..I thought too myself while eating at a local Mexican taco shop...I got 5+ hours of daylight left, and I'm not giving up, I looked down at my Casio Moon phase watch, to my disapointment the new moon phase has ended,

I started to think to myself....

"Maybe they are shut off cause of the change in the moon phase, And A cold front that pushed threw, and all this rain we got, with These High winds"

All that negativity is No good, so to pick myself back up And re-build my confidence that FISH are Always biting, Somewhere, on something, It's Your Quest to find out where at, and what is going to be the ticket.

It wasn't long after i arrived at my last pond i was going to try, one that i had seen from a picture on the internet, A feeder lake!, which connects to the lake where i had been catching all kinds of 4-5lb bass out of, the one i also got kicked out of, However this lake is NOT private, No houses around it.

Enough of me talking about it...This is what i caught

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/d...erkbaifish.jpg

I missed a NICE BASS in this area, this is where the small pond, overflows into the feeder lake, threw a Double Pipe system, Awsome spot for bass to hold, alot of structure and Rip rap on the shore, Good thing about this spot is no one can tell me to leave here, Its simply a lake to prevent future flooding of the subdivision which happend in 1992.

I bought a new Mojo bass Pitchin rod today, and tied on a 3/8 oz, strike-king jig, with a paca craw black/blue (my go~too jig)

The mistake i made was I tied it too 10 lb Power Pro using a CLINCH KNOT~ Gulp!

OMG! what was i thinking, after i set the hook i realized that CLINCH knots Slip when using braided lines, I could of thrown myself, my Rod/reel, and all my tackle in the lake, for being so stupid! but it was only about a 4+, He showed himself after my line snapped, trying to spit the Jig in his upperlip. and i got a Nice good look at his size, It was like Slow motion....than i cried. (lol)

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/d...l7/culvert.jpg
Old 04-26-09, 10:37 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Your account of the days events reminds me of Mike Ikoneli. "NEVER GIVE UP" Good going buddy.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-09, 10:47 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

great day pal. i like the way you put arrows and such on your pics. wish i were that good on this new fangled thang,lmao. for real i like it. keep it up and keep catching dem sow bellys.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.