Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-11, 12:18 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Extreme Full Moon

Next Saturday, 3/19, the moon will be full and much closer to earth than normal.
http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/ast...ause-chaos.asp

I wondering what the heck effect this will have on bass - expecially Southern bass getting ready to spawn. Will this put them in a spawning frenzy? I'll be on Guntersville beginning the 19th and I'm hoping it does and moves those big sows in on the beds. Here's hoping for a fantastic week on the big "G", making the long drive WORTHWHILE.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 12:22 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Good luck, Boogie. I hope you catch a HAWG!!

Coincidentally, we are supposed to have a full moon May 17. God help us all if we also manage a mayfly spawn that night at Wheeler Wilson, as WTL hinted might happen. It could be a top-water extravaganza of epic proportions.
Old 03-11-11, 12:23 PM   #3
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Good luck, Boogie. I hope you catch a HAWG!!

Coincidentally, we are supposed to have a full moon May 17. God help us all if we also manage a mayfly spawn that night at Wheeler Wilson, as WTL hinted might happen. It could be a top-water extravaganza of epic proportions.
One can only hope...
Old 03-11-11, 12:30 PM   #4
bassboogieman

Maybe I need to look into the floating fly technique for May.
I don't own a fly rod, but I'm betting a certain someone sneaks his into the rod locker.
Old 03-11-11, 06:02 PM   #5
bamabassman

boogieman.........in the 5 yrs i have fished g'ville. moon fazes haven't meant much. look at the water flow from all the snow and rain bud. i got a text wednesday from gbassman that b.b.comer launch was underwater. THE ENTIRE RAMP AND PEIR! i am thinking that they will be pulling water all of next week. so if it were me......i would make sure i had a red rattle trap tied on and a 10"-12" worm on another rod. if there is a little ripple on the water and they ain't pulling...........well even if they are pulling water, SPINNERS or chatterbaits. jigs are always good. other than that, all i am gonna say is look up gbassman and ask him what he has heard. he lives right in scottsboro and talks to everyone there,lol.

oh yeah.......you want to borrow a flyrod? let me know. but all i got are poppers. floating line on rods.
Old 03-11-11, 07:04 PM   #6
3dkicker

It sure will mess with the tide. That I know. Last year in April we had a full moon and south winds and it pushed me way back into a feeder creek. Add a hurricane or nor'easter and some tidal areas will get flooded.
Old 03-11-11, 07:22 PM   #7
bamabassman

when are oyu gonna be at g'ville boogieman? saturday? let me know ok?
Old 03-11-11, 10:01 PM   #8
bassboogieman

We plan to start fishing Sat, 3/19 until the following Sat, then leave for home early Sunday, 3/27. Fishing G'ville all eight days, I'll be calling you.
Old 03-12-11, 02:01 PM   #9
bamabassman

ok, cool...........but WHERE exactly are you gonna be? where are you launching? where are you staying?
Old 03-12-11, 02:49 PM   #10
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
ok, cool...........but WHERE exactly are you gonna be? where are you launching? where are you staying?
Stalker...
Old 03-12-11, 03:35 PM   #11
bassboogieman

sent you a PM 'bama, I don't want ALL the locals crashing OUR party.

HELL YEAH, the more the merrier, if anyone is in the area - we are staying at one of the Chalets (don't know the number yet) in G'ville State Park. If you want a contact number PM me, most of the guys attenting Wheeler already have it.

First couple days, John we'll be launching at the State Park, UNLESS - and this may be more likely than not - there is a big tournament using the main Park ramp during the weekend, then we'll probably drive north and utilize one of the smaller ramps. The fishing will determine how much we move around and hunt them, but we're planning on being around the State Park, maybe get into Brown's Cr. the first part of the trip. I definitely want to get further north, in the area of Goose Pond a day or two, again dependant upon the cooperation of the bass.

Plans are very flexible, just hoping to nail a couple pigs to make this all worthwhile. Be talking to you soon, buddy.

P.S. John don't go hunting for that PM, that was a joke.
Old 03-12-11, 10:23 PM   #12
bamabassman

ok, boogieman........now i know where you'll be at. i can tell you where to go from the launch area. those chalets are NICEEEE. lisa and i are thinking of getting one for later on in the year (fall when the rates drop). if there is a oturney, go to TOWNCREEK. it is one of my favorite fishing spots. i will also advise you to look up SOUTH SAUTY camp. launch at the store ($2.00 fee and oyur truck is watched pretty good and no one will steal anything). can tell you of a place from there to go. then if you want to go further north (upriver), there is B.B.COMER launch. right next to the B.B.COMER bridge. and EVEN further north is MUD CREEK. i ahven't gotten to go there as of yet, but gonna. they tell me it is a KILLER place in early spring.

and daniel........you geting jelous little buddy? it's ok pal. oyu're still my lil brother. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

and hervert...........yes i DID look for that pm, lmbo! you got me! lol!
Old 03-13-11, 08:12 PM   #13
bassboogieman

Well, seems my buddy changed our accomadations. Rather than the Chalets which I understand are up on a high hill overlooking the lake - great view, I hear - we are no in the cabins, which are down on the water. I guess similiar to Wheeler but they don't look quite as nice, but pictures can be deceiving. We'll be closer to the water and ramp from what he tells me. OH YEAH - they are more expensive than the Chalets, but closer to the water adds a premium I guess.

I see two ramps on S. Saunty at the bridge one on the upstream side the other on the downstream side. Which one do you refer to as S. Sauty camp?
Old 03-13-11, 09:56 PM   #14
bamabassman

you'll like it better ont he water, no matter what the cabin looks like, hahaha.

the south sauty ramp i am referring to is the one directly across form the store/resteraunt. by the way, they cook a mean breakfast there too. it has a poll by the ramp. this is where i always launch at when i go to south sauty. never had a problem.
Old 03-14-11, 03:44 AM   #15
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I don't think moon phase has much to do with our spawning around here. Anytime the water hits the magic # of 62° and holds for a day or 2, they will start moving up. But different lakes are different along with the different species, native, Florida strain, and F1 strain. We find spawners as early as Feb and run in to May.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.