Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-07, 09:22 PM   #1
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander
Default C-Riggin' It!!!

Hey guys, as most of you already know, I have my St.Croix rod on order and being shipped to my house on Monday. Any tips for me on what bait to use on the C-Rig? What type of weight do you think I should use?Tru-Tungsten,Lead,Brass,etc?
Old 09-12-07, 11:32 PM   #2
hackattack
BassFishin.Com Active Member

brass makes mucho noise but anything works
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 08:02 PM   #3
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Depends on where you are c-rigging. If c-riggin in a heavy weed area, use a "Mojo" weight as the main weight, then you bead/beads/brass/whatever, then your swivel. The Mojo will go through the weeds much better than any other weight I've used. I like a Senko type bait, or Lizard, or zipper style worm for the bait, but most anything will work. If working through weeds, you need to drag it, do not hop it, you will get in a mess a lot more by hopping it. Just drag it through the weeds, let it sit, then drag it again.

Lizards
Old 09-13-07, 08:52 PM   #4
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Yeah Liz, most of the lakes that I will fish witm my rod have weeds in the C-Riggin' areas(10-18feet). Also, what is a Mojo weight, like the ones for drop shottin', that type of Mojo weight?
Old 09-14-07, 04:20 PM   #5
zooker

thick grass like hydrilla makes getting an egg sinker to the bottom tough.. either use a mojo weight or do like i do in heavy weeds i use two 1/4 oz bullet nose sinkers with a bead in the middle..

i prefure 1/2 LEAD egg sinkers for most of my yawn rig working..

zooker
Old 09-14-07, 05:30 PM   #6
pig n jig

I like a tungsten weight with a glass bead behind it.2 baits that work very well for me is a 6" Lizard in pumpkin/chartruese tail and a Zoom Centipede in cotton candy color.I don't know why those 2 colors work so well,green pumpkin and black n blue seems to be the ticket for every other type of fishing technique. I am catching smallmouth in 35 ft depths to as far as 132 ft deep using a 1/2 oz weight and a 16 lb test 24" length fluorocarbon leader from the weight swivel to the bait with 30 lb braid for the mainline. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-07, 09:53 PM   #7
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker-lander View Post
Yeah Liz, most of the lakes that I will fish witm my rod have weeds in the C-Riggin' areas(10-18feet). Also, what is a Mojo weight, like the ones for drop shottin', that type of Mojo weight?
BPS didn't have any "MOJO" weights, which is a Brand name. However they had thses finesse weights, which are the same thing. Yes it's the same thing as many people use for dropshotting. Just take the wire out.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...10000_100-10-3

Lizards
Old 09-16-07, 10:21 PM   #8
Rebbasser

I fish a lot of rocky lakes, and a couple years back I tried the Lindy Rattlin' No-snagg sinker. It works like a charm in those rocky lakes. Otherwise I use a couple of tugsten barrel sinkers I got when WalMart closed them out a few years back.
Old 09-17-07, 08:55 PM   #9
twigass
BassFishin.Com Member

hey lunker u asked where i was from, up north of u just east of houghton lake, as far as colors red shad has worked wonders on the lakes i fish and i use a 1/2 oz bullet weight and it goes through the weeds reel good
twigass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.