Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-11, 08:19 PM   #1
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Easton Rush, our little miracle

Thank you everyone that has been praying for us. The doctors started inducement this morning but with the first contraction, the baby's heart rate plumeted. The took Brittney for an emergency C section where they didn't even have time for an epidural, they had to put her out which was very risky for both. Easton was born at 11:11 am He weighed 5lb 13oz and is 19 inch's. The doctors were surprised from the start at the fact that he didn't need life suport. He was breathing on his own. They did the echo and it showed that the damaged heart valve was much better than they thought, He still only has one heart balve, but the one he has may be OK and they may be able to do the surgery to put in a bypass valve for the missing artery and valve. He is stable now and they wan't him to gain some strength for a few days. They will do some more tests this week and discuss surgery options on Friday. He is not in the clear yet, but he has a chance. For those that want to look, my facebook has an album full of pictures. If you are not on my lest, send a request.
Thanks again to everyone that helped us to be here and prayed for a positive outcome, I know that it helped.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-11, 08:25 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

That's such awesome news Kevin!!! Anything is possible with God!

Hope he turns into a healthy happy boy. Best of luck!
Old 09-14-11, 08:30 PM   #3
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That's amazing news Kevin!!! I will keep praying that Easton makes a full recovery and gets to come home! I'm so happy for you guys!
Old 09-14-11, 08:46 PM   #4
MississippiBoy

I may be a big baby, but I teared up reading that. You've still got all kinds of prayers headed your way.
Old 09-14-11, 08:50 PM   #5
pro reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
I may be a big baby, but I teared up reading that. You've still got all kinds of prayers headed your way.
I have been doing a lot of that myself. Thank you. I know that all the prayers have to be the reason that he has been given a chance to make it.
Old 09-14-11, 09:07 PM   #6
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Daniel if your a big baby, I'm a big baby tearing up and shaking all over.
Old 09-14-11, 09:12 PM   #7
Tavery5

I am so happy for you guys Kevin, I will keep you in my thoughts
Old 09-14-11, 10:11 PM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Daniel if your a big baby, I'm a big baby tearing up and shaking all over.
Britney and I both have tears running down our faces after reading his facebook post. This is amazing news and I am so happy for you guys. We will keep you all in our prayers.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-11, 10:24 PM   #9
nobass

that is the best news i have heard all month. needed something to cheer us up. i know that lifted a big load off of you. again thats just awsome awsome awsome.
Old 09-14-11, 10:56 PM   #10
WatterBoy

That's really great to hear, Kevin! I hope and pray that things continue to go well and that Brittney is doing OK also.

Dean
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-11, 07:16 AM   #11
keithdog

I'm so glad to hear things are going so well for Easton. I really enjoyed the photos on Face Book Kevin. Thanks for posting those. Choked up here. I'll continue to pray for Easton and the rest of you.
Old 09-15-11, 09:27 AM   #12
CamG

So happy for you Kevin! Prayers will continue!
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-11, 06:17 PM   #13
bamabassman

kevin...........i am tearing up right now as i TRY to type this. GOD IS AWESUM!!! GOD IS GREAT!!! HOLY BE THY NAME DEAR LORD!!1 PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!! i am so VERY happy to read this kevin. we will CONTINUE to pray pal.
Old 09-16-11, 06:36 PM   #14
pro reel

Well, a team of 16 heart surgeons had a 2 hour meeting about Easton today. Thankfully, they did agree that he is a candidate for surgery and that they think he has enough of a chance to make it worth trying. They narrowed it down to 2 different procedures that they think might be the way to go, They couldn't all agree on which of the 2 procedures had the best chance of success. They asked us for permission to fax all the records to some heart surgeons at the children's hospital in Philadelphia and the university of Michigan. Some of the leading doctors in this field are there. Of course we wanted them to do that. If Easton makes it through the weekend and continues to be stable, they would like to wait 2 to 4 weeks to do any surgery to give him a chance to gain strength and a little size. They cautioned us that the one trunkial valve he has is still leaking, but not as bad as it looked in the pre birth echo cardio grams. They said that it's also possible he could start declining at any time and they would rush him into emergency surgery then, but hope to wait as long as possible. Easton still needs all the prayers he can get, but he does have a chance. I want to thank everyone again that donated money or bought raffle tickets or auction items and those that donated items. May god bless all of you, I have no idea how I could have been off work this long and paid for all the travel expenses of getting to KC and surviving here without your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	437
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	7182   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	7183  
Old 09-16-11, 08:02 PM   #15
keithdog

Kevin, I read this and am both hopeful and fearful. But I do know this is all in Gods hands and I along with the other will continue to pray for Easton and for the doctors. The pictures really are felt in my heart. God bless little Easton.
Old 09-16-11, 10:21 PM   #16
carolina-rig-01

Kevin, I am glad to hear that he has so many surgeons involved. It's still a scary situation but the fact that he made it this far gives me confidence in him. You all are still in our prayers as always.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-11, 01:42 AM   #17
bamabassman

still praying for easton kevin. he looks like a strong little fella and i am SURE GOD will help out. you folks are in lisa and i's prayers. keep the faith kevin.
Old 09-17-11, 09:01 AM   #18
MississippiBoy

I think I've said a prayer for Easton about every 5 minutes since you first told us about him, Kevin (not counting while I'm asleep ). I just said another one when I checked Facebook a minute ago.
Kevin, my wife is a NICU nurse at the University of Mississippi Medical Center here in Jackson......she's been there 4 years now. If you have any specific questions about anything that the doctors are saying or don't understand something, let me know and I'll see if I can get Louann to explain it a little better.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is one of the best neonatal hospitals, maybe the best one, in the country. The NICU here sends babies there when they need very difficult surgeries or unusual treatments or anything that's beyond their ability....and there's not just a ton of things that they can't usually handle. So some of the best doctors in the country are looking at Easton, figuring out how best to help him.

Last edited by MississippiBoy; 09-17-11 at 09:06 AM.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-11, 11:45 PM   #19
1/4 stick

Still praying and will continue to buddy. For Easton his mother and all of you. I been in that NICU with my son. He wasn't nearly as sick as Easton. But that place takes alot out of a parent or grand parent. But God is with you and will bring you and Easton through this.
Old 09-18-11, 11:53 AM   #20
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Glad to hear it's better than they originally thought.

We'll keep praying for him, you, and all your family. Keep us updated Kevin.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.