Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-07, 09:30 AM   #1
gstepp22
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Bass tracker General Questions

Hello. This is my first post to the site. Been reading it for a week or so and found a lot of helpful info. I need some help with a used bass boat I just bought. This is my first boat I have owned and need some help figuring out the details. It's an 89 Bass Tracker 1800TF. Fiberglass hull. 110hp tracker engine just rebuilt with a new power head, water pump, oil/fuel pump, and carb kits. I have not even had it out to break her in yet. Luckily before I put her in the water I found that one of the plastic hull thru pieces that feeds the hose going to the live well was snapped in half and busted. You would think that the shop I had it at for over a month would have noticed that. Anyway, to get to my questions. Hope you guys can help me out.

MinKota 48lbs. with an eagle fish finder and sonar hooked to it.

1. The bow has a panel with some switches on it. one is a toggle...in the up position it reads "charge 12 v"....middle is "12 volt" and lower is "12/24 run". How does the charge 12 v thing work? I'm assuming that when I run the trolling motor I would keep in switched to "12/24 run", is that correct? I have 2 trolling batteries hooked up to this switch.

2. The trolling motor pedal has a box next to it with a rocker switch and battery indicator on it. I'm assuming this is a battery charger. The rocker switch has three positions. Middle is "off"...left is "MOM" and right is "CON". Any guess on what these are for? It seems the trolling motor only works when in the "MOM" position.

3. Can anyone help explain how the eagle fish finder works and the in dash hummingbird depth sounder works?

4. How do I get some kind of manual or wiring diagram? Most of all the wires are pretty much dry rotted. I even zapped myself on the ignition and had to put in a new one. At least I did the most important thing and got a nice CD/MP3 player and rewired the speakers.

So I think I almost have her ready for the water. If anyone has any tips or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Big G
gstepp22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.