Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-08, 02:43 PM   #1
Nonpoint
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to Nonpoint
Default Comparing boats...

I'm hoping to be in a spot to finance my first boat, but I'm having trouble picking out the best fit and price.

I've been looking at the Tracker Targa 185 Sport...since I figure it would be a good platform for fishing and tubing/swimming/cruising with kids. I did want a nice sleek bass boat, but I need something more multi-role. I priced the Targa out at about 29K with a 115 merc 4 stroke and 9.9 merc prokicker with installation, power trim, key start, steering linkage, and second throttle in cockpit. All Tracker prices include a trailer also.

Has anyone looked around at comparable setups like this? All I can find on other boat manufacturer sites are dealer locators...they dont seem to have any MSRP prices listed or anything. I don't really care about what brand of boat I get as long as its safe and reliable along with a good set of options and a kicker motor(some of my lakes have a 10hp limit).

Any information you guys have would be great. No, I'm not trying to be like the kid that was always talking about how much money he spends on tackle, reels, and rods. This is my first new boat purchase and I want to make sure I get the most for my money and figure theres lots of boat buying experience on these boards.

Thanks
Nonpoint is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.