Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-12, 12:47 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Finishing off a great fishing weekend

Sunday's fishing capped off a 3 day spree of some of my best fishing of the year, and I'm pretty sure it was my 3 heaviest bags of the year. After totaling 15lb 2oz for my best 5 on Friday and following that up with a nice 16lb 12oz quintet on Saturday, I finished off the weekend with a 16lb 2oz fivesome yesterday morning. And I lost one near the end of the morning that I'd estimate was in the 3-4 pound class, which would have upgraded the 2lb 6 oz LM I had to count.

I was on the water just before the 7:15 sunrise and within 20 minutes of my first cast, I was hauling my second best ever Smallie into the boat. It weighed 4lb 5oz and measured 18.5". Since I was alone at the time, and since we are in catch-and-release only season for SM here, I had to do the best I could with the self-timer and the "camera perched on top of the tackle box" trick to get a picture.

I also landed two other Smallies and three LM in that same area, all within an hour of starting. After popping back to our dock to pick up Kaye, we headed back to that spot, but only caught a couple dinks there.

We caught a couple here and there, but nothing real consistent or of any size until we hit a shoreline that we hadn't fished together all year. Kaye caught 5 there in short order, but none that hit the 3 pound mark. I was fortunate enough to catch two decent ones (and this is where I lost the one mentioned above) that went 3lb 11oz and 3 pounds even.

This is the shoreline we were fishing to end the morning and where the two above came from. I'm not sure if I spent more time taking pictures of all the amazing colors or fishing!

And here is a shot of our lift/dock (foreground right) in the no wake zone where our cabin is located.

WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 02:33 PM   #2
bassboogieman

Your weekend was certainly more productive than mine. Great looking fish, I really like catching smallmouth bass. Weather "out there" doen's look too bad yet, either.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 05:44 PM   #3
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Your weekend was certainly more productive than mine. Great looking fish, I really like catching smallmouth bass. Weather "out there" doen's look too bad yet, either.
Yep, the weather here has been ridiculously nice for this time of year -- lows in the 40s and highs in the 70s. Water temps on our lake were in the upper 50s to low 60s, which is a bit warmer than I'm used to at the end of September. The lake level went down so much in the last two weeks that I had to get in the water and lift/push the front of our boat to get it off the lift. Then I shoved the dock and lift out another 6-8 feet even though we'll be pulling them both OUT of the water when we go back up there to close things up for the year in another two weeks. I didn't want to risk not being able to get the boat off the lift at all by then!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 07:48 AM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It's hard to believe we are already quickly approaching the end of another fishing season. Time for the LONG winter break. But you had another great year of fine fishing memories! Enjoyed the photos and reports Dean.
Old 10-03-12, 04:44 PM   #5
MrMakk
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Leaves look nice, so do the bass!

I love autumn, birds gathering for the long journey south and the small of damp in the morning the list goes on.

well done.

Alex,

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.