Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-12, 01:34 PM   #1
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default River on Ray Hubbard...

This past Sunday I had the invite to fish a river on my home lake Ive never fished....Always heard good things just never made it myself..
I went with one of the founders of our local kayak bass club who has a spot that is a 2.5 mile paddle that always holds big fish apparently.

With the cold front in we really didnt what to expect..But figured it would be good practice fishing under tough conditions....
We put in off the highway made our way back towards the mouth of the main lake.

It was a good paddle...This place is choke to death with lay downs and timber..Some spots we had to push pole over part of the bank to get through...Not to mention deep 13-15' drop offs....Everything looked like it was holding fish!!.....With a finesse jig tied on it was hard to focus on certain areas because you keep looking ahead thinking ''Omg, look at that tree!''...''Omg, look at that lay down!'' hahaha......We covered a lot of water up to that spot..Caught a few on the way too!

His area was awesome and well worth the paddle....We ended up catching about 16-18 bass between us...I did just a touch better on number with most of mine in the 1-2lb range..

But then my buddy stuck a 7.2lber and easily took fish of the day!!!
Beautiful fish! The pic doesnt do its size justice!

Sadly my camera died on the paddle in and the spare battery wasnt charged.The video I had was just a lot of paddling but I did manage one still shot of one of my fish...Ill be back in two weeks and take some viddy and more photos
This easily turned into my favorite river....So secluded and peaceful..Bank fishers cant even access the bank! ....I was so impressed with how clean the area was.....Im gonna sit on this area through the fall feeding

Old 10-09-12, 09:27 PM   #2
kennethdaysale

Finding a really secluded place is priceless these days, way to go. I love remote spots...one of my favorite places is 3 miles off-road....4-wheel drive is still a nail biter...but worth it every time.
Old 10-09-12, 09:35 PM   #3
WatterBoy

That looks/sounds awesome, Waffle. Looking forward to the next report with more pics and some video.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 09:37 PM   #4
Jrob78

That stretch of river looks awesome! Sounds like a great time!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.