Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-11, 04:02 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default How's summer treating yall?

Well, summer's here. It's getting hotter (hit 95 here yesterday), and the fishes moods are changing for sure.

Thankfully the lakes here are weedy and shallow and they don't really have much anywhere to head deep to escape the heat. So they're getting up under the mats, and I've been getting 'em pretty good with a frog. Once I get my better rod I'll toss a big worm on the out sides of the mats too. I might try tossing a big jerkbait or senko for some big pike.

So how yall catching 'em there? Are they on any particular pattern?
Old 06-08-11, 05:09 PM   #2
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Haven't gotten a chance to fish, other then a few 15-20minutes "trips" to the pond in my backyard, lol. It's also been HOT here, but instead of sweating to death on the lake, I'm sweating enough at work to FILL a lake...

BB
Old 06-08-11, 05:35 PM   #3
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Haven't gotten a chance to fish, other then a few 15-20minutes "trips" to the pond in my backyard, lol. It's also been HOT here, but instead of sweating to death on the lake, I'm sweating enough at work to FILL a lake...

BB
WOW! That is hot! Least yall got some wind with it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	6842  
Old 06-08-11, 07:49 PM   #4
bamabassman

wweeelllllll.....it hit 97 here today. but here oyu gotta remember the heat index boss. remember humidty? made it seem like 110 plus here. NO WIND WHATSOEVER. stand under the trees and sweat pouring down like a water faucet is on yer head. hot, very,very hot.
Old 06-08-11, 08:12 PM   #5
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

97 here today - a new record for this day. Tomorrow the heat index is supposed to top 111, and I'm pre-fishing for a tourny on the upper Chesapeake Bay on Sat. Think tomorrow is going to be a half day, I don't want to be out there with that kind of heat. Friday is predicted for low 90's and Sat mid-80's and that should be just fine.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 10:02 PM   #6
coldbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

cold and wet here with wind and more cold 50-65 degrees as daytime highs
coldbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 10:07 PM   #7
BigBassin144

Coldbasser, besides the rain, 65 sounds pretty nice.

After 25 days of rain out of 31 in May, you'd be surprised how much everyone wants some rain here right now to cool things off.

BB
Old 06-08-11, 10:17 PM   #8
WatterBoy

The weather is always wacky here in MN. Two days ago it was 95, yesterday it was 102! I don't know what the exact heat index was, but it was also HUMID to go along with the ridiculous temps. By the weekend, the predicted highs will only be in the 60s and the next ten days don't show any forecast highs over 79. Personally, I would take 65-70 every day and be just fine.

As far as the fishing goes, it doesn't really seem to change that much throughout the year up at the lake I fish. Senkos and dropshot work well all year long, even up in the shallows. Once the weedbeds and pads grow up, nice fish can be had there also. The crankbait should be firing up soon, I'm anticipating that by this weekend already. The frog and Pop-R bite was decent already last weekend, and that will get better also as all the cover establishes itself. With all my accumulated vacation from being on restricted vacation last year at work due to the project I was working on, I'm anticipating a nice year for fishing here!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 11:58 PM   #9
Ptb803
BassFishin.Com Member

It's hot but the bass are biting good. Ol' shakey head has been producing!
Ptb803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 01:44 PM   #10
Bassboss

We gotta cold front today of all things, lol!

It got down to 47 last night and it's suppose to get up into the high 60's today.

Gonna try throwing Wacky riggs, a swim jig and the good ol texas rig.
Old 06-09-11, 06:17 PM   #11
bamabassman

nothing changed ehre, still HOTTER than HADES!!!! even in the SHADE!!!
Old 06-09-11, 07:38 PM   #12
JB

denny and me have had a great year so far other than two skunks at lakes we hardly fish. Last sat we have thirty five bass, but nothing over two pounds, week before that a dozen each on the frog. Last week walleye fishing yeilding nothing, yet the week before we found a bunch of them on a flat on the south side of a island. Going up in the creeks at all these lake has yeilded no smallmouths at all, all smallies and walleye are being caught on jerk bait and storm hot an tot.
They are letting the water down on all lakes after the flood, but I dont think some of the lakes we go to were that flooded, while others you can tell they had ten feet of water up on the banks, every tree is dead looking and then at ten feet its all green leaves to the top.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 08:28 PM   #13
keithdog

After a long cold rainly spring it's been very hot and still rainy lately, but with a new batch of storms hitting since last night the temps have dropped 35 degrees since yesterday. As for fishin, it's been pretty good. Spooks and frogs have been a great way to go the past couple weeks. Last weekend the spook bite was replaced by the spinnerbait. The weather was so wacky I dont know if the bass have spawned here or not. Never saw any on beds and havn't seen any schools of fry. I doubt I'll get out this weekend, but next weekend, if I don't see any signs of a spawn I'm going to work more with crankbaits along with the spinnerbaits. I wasn't getting any frog or swim jig action in very shallow cover at all last weekend. The action was more in submerged weeds like hydrilla in 6-8 ft of water.
Old 06-09-11, 10:08 PM   #14
bamabassman

after 2 weeks or more of no rain. we are begging for some afternoon showers. at least some clouds. gonna try the mudhole this saturday i think. will let oyu know how lisa does,lol. oyu already know how i will do.
Old 06-09-11, 10:34 PM   #15
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Hitting 109° on the main deck and the Gulf was as smooth as a farm pond this morning! Who needs water when you can drink it out your hard hat.
Old 06-10-11, 12:35 AM   #16
Bassboss

Sounds like some crummy weather guys, lol. Glad the fishin's been good though.
Old 06-10-11, 07:18 AM   #17
docirv
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Skype™ to docirv

Crazy hot hear already and the fish I am catching are par boiled....
Old 06-10-11, 01:06 PM   #18
Bassboss

Man this weather's been weird. Cold rain all last night.. that can't be very good for the fishing!
Old 06-10-11, 07:34 PM   #19
bamabassman

had a cold front move in here sam. 2 degrees cooler, lmbo!! felt a breeze too. bout 2 mph. tickled my neck out there shoveling the 350 degree asphalt today. sent a chill down my spine....or was that sweat? hahahaha!!!
Old 06-10-11, 10:39 PM   #20
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
had a cold front move in here sam. 2 degrees cooler, lmbo!! felt a breeze too. bout 2 mph. tickled my neck out there shoveling the 350 degree asphalt today. sent a chill down my spine....or was that sweat? hahahaha!!!
lol sounds like a might need to break out the thermal socks!

I wonder what the wind chill was!
Old 06-11-11, 10:53 AM   #21
BigBassin144

In two days, we went from a high of 100 to a high of like 70. Yesterday woulda been a great day to fish. light wind, cool, overcast, with a spring here and there. Now that I could go fishing, it's windy as heck...

BB
Old 06-11-11, 03:26 PM   #22
bamabassman

ok, i just woke up from my saturday after lunch nap, this is required after eating some bbq short ribs n chicken cooked by mrs. bamabassman. i go to my office to "really" wake up. i am sitting here at the computer and hear thunder. i look outside and it is kinda dark,hmmm. another thunder burst. then i listen and hear the pittering of some raindrops on the roof. yesssss i think to myself finally some rain to knock down the dust. all of a sudden BOOM, BOOM........AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE HEAVENS JUST OPENED UP AND THE DOWNPOUR OF ALL DOWNPOURS ARE FALLING FROM THE SKY. raining real good here now. which is just about right, cause i was gonna wash the trucks today and maybe take lisa out for some evening fishing on the mudhole. had some straight line winds that knocked things around on the poarches too. still some thunder out there and i saw a lightening strike or 2. so gonna sit here and see just how much we get. it should cool things off some too. unless the ol sun comes back out and makes it a steam bath. we'll see...............
Old 06-11-11, 04:00 PM   #23
woody

A cold front finally moved on through today, bringing with it cooler temps and less humidity. I'm glad I decided to take Friday off from work and went fishing instead. 8 bass Friday: 5 bass Saturday

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 10:21 PM   #24
Bassboss

Sounds good woody.

I love thunder storms john! But something is missing from your post... you didn't mention anything about having a CoColla when ya woke up. What's up with that?
Old 06-11-11, 11:45 PM   #25
bamabassman

lol, of course i had a coke when i got up. trying to ween myself off of them though. drinking lots of gatorade and water while at work. but i keep having these really bad headaches. from lack of caffiene. hard to quit what i have been doing for over 20 yrs ya know. body ain't used to not having the caffiene.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.