Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-07, 01:19 PM   #1
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Late Fall Topwater

We had a warm day here on Wednesday last week so I fished a couple ponds instead of deer hunting. One pond still has a lot of green scum on top. I threw "Kermit" (Spro Bronze Eye Frog) and had 4 blow ups and caught 2. The water temps are in the mid-upper 50's here now and that was cool to catch a couple fish on top. I also caught a few on a GP Yum Craw Papi and 1 on a blade. Nothing big... best fish was on Kermit and it went about 2 1/2 lbs. I fish Kermit on 50# Suffix braid and I'm really liking that line! Was good to catch a few green trout during deer season!

Eric
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-07, 10:17 AM   #2
Wags
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Wags Send a message via Yahoo to Wags

Hey Bass Add...........Is there anything better than a good blow on top water???? I live in MId-MIch, we are icing over as I speak....but the last fish I caught this season was in very cold water about 3 weeks ago. The water was a bit choppy. I was in about 10-12' of water, but near a drop off. I was casting a Zara Spook about 20' short of the drop off any working it back. It's movement was very hard for me to see because of the ripples and small waves on the water. I thought I may have been using the Spook because of my mad "man love" for that damn lure, didn't really think the fish would be interested in it becuse they would have a hard time seeing the movement too. I also thought being this late in the fall and cold water temps that the "busy" presentation also went against all the golden rules. I had a number of awesome blow-ups on it, including a 26"pike and a couple of solid LM Bass. Unfortunately, those have been my last fish of the year for me, being shut-out my last couple of trips. Still hoping for one last indian summer day that might get into 40's and try to get a December fish of any kind, God, I HATE WINTER.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.