Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-11, 02:05 AM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Default Well that sucked

Got the red carpet rolled out for me arriving to San Antonio. Seems like they were waiting on us. Stopped at a Cracker Barrel for a Father's Day meal and bam, some fine citizen decided they would steal my phone, wallet, laptop, and Flea's purse with all our vacation cash in it. About the only thing of real value they didn't steal was the Glock in the glove box. Flea's last text from the vehicle was at 7:13, they had made purchases at 7:26 with my credit card at a Valero a couple of miles away. They shoved something flt under the door handle on the passenger side and popped the lock on the driver's side. I guess they aren't playing with all the billboards around here of Lock It - Hide It or Lose It, Thank You San Antonio PD. I am just glad no one was hurt. I had quite of few guys from the forum on my phone, so if you will, just PM the number and I will add it when I get a new one. I had everything for my Blackberry backed up on the computer and my external, which was in my computer bag. DOH!!!!
Old 06-23-11, 02:27 AM   #2
cassidyta

Damn Gump. I am sorry to hear that.
Old 06-23-11, 08:19 AM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Dang Bubba, that does suck. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

Shouldn't your wireless provider be able to track your phone as it has GPS on it? If you filed a police report, they may be able to find you phone and do something. Then you can make them sorry they didn't take the glock!

Old 06-23-11, 11:41 AM   #4
carolina-rig-01

Man Curado, I am sorry you got robbed buddy. It's even worse that it was on vacation, you've been at work for a long time and deserved to have a good time with the family on vacation.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 12:41 PM   #5
Bassboss

Wow! That really sucks bubba. Hope you can get all that was stolen replaced.
Old 06-23-11, 09:46 PM   #6
keithdog

This story just makes me sick to my stomich. Sorry to hear about what happened pal. I hope they catch those...... Better not say what I was about to say.
Old 06-23-11, 09:48 PM   #7
Tavery5

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, I believe strongly in Karma, and in the end they will get theirs.
Old 06-23-11, 10:37 PM   #8
bamabassman

BUBBA.......I AM WONDERING IF THEY GOT MY "MESSAGE"? lol, sorry bout the theift budrho.
Old 06-24-11, 04:25 PM   #9
bcklash

Sorry about ---- Ah HE77 I hate a friggen thief!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-11, 02:35 PM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

I guess we will get LifeLock for a little while now. Just more to spend on something a month. But I would hate to know one of the kids had an apartment or renting a house without the luxury of getting to live in it.
Old 06-27-11, 11:14 PM   #11
Bubba_Bruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
BUBBA.......I AM WONDERING IF THEY GOT MY "MESSAGE"? lol, sorry bout the theift budrho.
I doubt it Bama, I had my phone shut down by 9 that night. They asked me if I had leads that could help them. I told them surveilance at Valero and all my gift certs at BPS the 20th. Hello, faces at the register, walk to cars in the parking lot (You know they have the place panned with 50K boats sitting out there, bam, model & make of car). The cops said oh, well that is part of credit fraud and forgery, we can't help you there, that is a different division.

You know, I know there is a ton of people in San Antonio and I will never see my stuff again. It hurts to loose the money we lost, no doubt not pennies, and quite a few bennies. But what pisses me off and hurts more is the society of candy @ss law we have. They could at least make an attempt to look, but they don't even want to assign me a case # for it. And if they could catch them, if they have enough on record, it might help another someone from having to go what we are having to go through now. I could walk down the street in Singapore at 2:00 in the morning with more bling than Mr. T whistling Dixie, and not worry about a thing. Because those people know if they steal or break the law, they will be lashed up one side and salted down the other, if not put to death. And you know if these guys were caught, they will be kicking it on the corner market before the sun comes up the next day.

Sorry for the vent and drag on.
Old 06-28-11, 05:53 PM   #12
3dkicker

I'd have gone up the chain of command until I got to someone who would listen and then do something....sometimes you've got to make a stink to be heard.
Old 06-28-11, 09:07 PM   #13
bamabassman

bubba...i texted oyur old number today pal. got ansered "who dis?" i told them i was a friend of the people who stole oyur phone, and if they were the ones to jsut sit there...the police were on their way. the phone had a tracing chip in it. and if they wanted to be nice, jsut say they "found" it. got no reply, so i texted back."so YOU stole it didn't you. cool, relax...cops are on the way." still no reply. BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.