Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-10, 02:21 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Back in the hospital

Well 4 months after we had our first son my wife is back in the hospital. I took her to the E.R. last night because she was complaining of abdominal pains that had been bothering her for the last day. Turns out that she got admited and went into surgery around 3:00 this morning and had her appendix removed and a cat scan also showed that she had a ovarian cyst which the doctor said was not uncommon nor was it anything to be worried about however since it was right by her appendix they went ahead and drained the fluid out of the cyst since they were already there. Britney is doing great and is burning up the phone lines talking with anyone who will answer her calls lol. I am pretty much exhausted though because I haven't been to sleep since Wednesday night. And to top it all off my great grandmother passed away lastnight at the age of 98, it wasn't a huge shock since her health has been on a down hill slide the last several months but it is still a lot of stuff going on all at once.
Old 01-29-10, 02:36 PM   #2
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sorry to hear that C-Rig. I am glad that you guys caught it early enough to take care of it right away.
I am sorry to hear about your Great Grandmother as well.

Hang in there Brother.

Tom
Old 01-29-10, 02:37 PM   #3
1/4 stick

Glad your wife is doing ok, but sorry to hear about your great grandmother. I'll be throwing in some prayers for you guys. And try to get some rest, I'm sure it's hard to do with the wife layed up and you taking care of the baby. But if you don't have someone that can watch the little one for you a bit, make sure you get the power naps in when the baby takes his.
Old 01-29-10, 03:06 PM   #4
MississippiBoy

Man, I hate to hear that, Kory. I'm sure that was a big scare, but I'm glad it turned out ok for Britney. I'm sorry for the loss of your great grandmother...wow, 98 years old...imagine what she saw and experienced during her life...that's amazing.
Old 01-29-10, 03:16 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Man, I hate to hear that, Kory. I'm sure that was a big scare, but I'm glad it turned out ok for Britney. I'm sorry for the loss of your great grandmother...wow, 98 years old...imagine what she saw and experienced during her life...that's amazing.
Thanks guys I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

We looked up a timeline of the events she lived through and it really put things into perspective, we always hear people use the term live to be 100 and how cool would it have been for her to live to be 100. But man the things she saw. She lived a great life and excluding the past few years she was always in great mental and physical health and was able to go and do as she pleased. As cold as it may sound she is really better off, she never would have wanted to live a life where she had to depend on other people for everything and she was misserable the last few years because of that. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers guys, it really means a lot to us.
Old 01-29-10, 03:27 PM   #6
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Sorry to hear of all the troubles! But I'm glad your wife is doing OK. Thoughts and prayers headed out!
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 03:55 PM   #7
bcklash

Sorry to hear about your Grandma, 98 yrs old, WOW. I bet she had some stories. My wife grandma is 94 and in failing health and she is a wonderful person.

Tell Britney we're thinking about her. Kory be careful cause I know your running around like a chicken with its head cutoff.
Old 01-29-10, 05:02 PM   #8
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Sorry to hear about your troubles c-rig. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family for sure
Old 01-29-10, 05:15 PM   #9
everettvet

Kory,
I am sorry to hear of all the problems of the last couple of days. I hope the weather was cooperative, but I am thinking it was not. Janece and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself while you are trying to take care of the rest of your family.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 05:39 PM   #10
WaffleJaw

Kory Im glad to hear the problem was spotted early on..I hope she has a speedy recovery....My wife has been there.
I know what you mean when you say ''in a better place''....Were currently watching our grandmother slip further and further away from alzheimers..
Its alot to take on at once Im sure...Definitely recommend the power naps!
Take care
Old 01-29-10, 07:00 PM   #11
bamabassman

Kory AND britney, we (lisa and i) fully understand what you guys have been through. And we are so sorry for your loss kory. Grandparents are a treasure. There aaren't many things we do that weren't influenced by them. We learn as much from them as we do our parents. Glad that britney is on the road to recovery and hope ther aren't anymore problems. Thanks for letting us know how things were going. You done good buddy, keeping everything in order. Tell britney she can call lisa if whe wants to talk.
Old 01-29-10, 09:30 PM   #12
Bob Smith

Wow, Kory! It sounds like a rough week. Glad your wife is ok and sorry to hear about your Grandmother (she and the Good Lord can spend hours talking about the things she saw during her long life! May she rest in peace!). Now my friend, it's time for you to take a deep breath and get some rest yourself!
Old 01-30-10, 12:32 AM   #13
carolina-rig-01

guys I just woke up from a deep slumber, more like a hibernation and it was some much needed sleep. Britney is very swore but other than that she is no worse for the wear. We are dreading tomorrow because it is going to be one of those depressing days where all the family gets together and remembers the good times, don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that but it still is depressing to me. Everett the weather was anything but cooperative, I just looked out the door and my guess is we have close to a foot of snow on the ground, it's dark and I didn't go outside but it has the front step to our porch covered up. The roads were really slick and icy when I brought Britney home from the hospital and it looks like they are worse now.......I hate winter.

Thanks again you all for all your thoughts and prayers, like I said it really means a lot to us.
Old 01-30-10, 01:47 AM   #14
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Sorry to hear about that Kory. Saying prayers for you and your family.
Old 01-30-10, 01:34 PM   #15
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Kory aorry to hear about this, but I'm glad britney is ok now.

We'll keep you guys in our thoughts!

BB
Old 01-30-10, 03:06 PM   #16
BassAddict

Sorry to hear of your loss Kory. 98 is pretty awesome. My grandfather is 84 and it's cool to hear the stories of "back in tha day". Glad your wife is doing better. I had that surgery when I was 8 years old. I was rushed to the ER that day too. Hope she heals up quick! We'll keep your family in our prayers!
Old 01-30-10, 04:35 PM   #17
nofearengineer

Sorry for your family's loss, Kory. It sounds like the old girl lived a good, very long, and full life. Also sounds like the family is more hoping to celebrate her life. We should all be so lucky as to get nearly a century on this big blue ball. In reference to another post on this forum, it seems like a mighty good run indeed.
Old 01-30-10, 05:34 PM   #18
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

c-rig, you might find that the get together with the family does a ton of good.
I had to do the same thing several years ago and actually felt better when I left, than when I got there.
Keep your chin up. If you need to vent, just hit me up
Old 01-30-10, 05:42 PM   #19
woody

Kory, I'm here for ya man, and here's to celebrating your grandmother's life.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.