Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-08, 10:57 PM   #1
stevomac59
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Organization HELP

I have a Tracker Pro Guide V-16. It's a nice sized boat, 16'2''. It has 5 compartments, Two in the front, One in the back, and one on each side of the boat (for boat oars). How would you organize the boat? I put the anchor, docking rope, and trolling pedal in one compartment (front). I keep the life preservers in the other front compartment. I keep Misc objects in the back compartment (drift anchor, fishing jugs, uten., etc.. On the sides I put the oar. In the other compartment, I put the boat lights in. But somehow, no matter how I place everything, It seems that It ends up being messy and crowded again. IT is a perfect size boat, it just so happens that everything ends up in the middle of the boat, and disturbs my fishing capability! ANy organization trips?
http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/specs.cfm?boat=2844
Thanks,

-stevo
Old 06-15-08, 12:21 AM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

What year? We've got a 2001 Tracker Pro Guide V-16. I'll get some pics later. The long compartments on the sides are for rod, by the way. Our boat gets pretty messy while fishing too, especially when we take the big ole musky bag.

How about a pic of your boat (maybe arial view) and I'll try to help you out.

BB
Old 06-15-08, 12:52 AM   #3
stevomac59

it's a 2008 model, as shown on the link above
Old 06-15-08, 12:59 PM   #4
zooker

the thing you must do when using a small boat is know what your goin to do ahead of time..if your going to drift leave the anchor at home,if your going to anchor why have a drift sock takin up space.. i have 2 life vest in one hole up front the state regulated throw cushion in another hole.

nothing takes up more room than fishing jugs.for that reason unless i plan on using them i leave them home..

zooker
Old 06-15-08, 05:59 PM   #5
stevomac59

Zook, how many life vest should I take... that's the real problem, they take up too much space.
Old 06-15-08, 06:24 PM   #6
zooker

i actually have 5 but only two people are ever in my boat so i just have 2 stored. i have a suspend unit. but they are hot as heck in the summer..

zooker
Old 06-15-08, 10:30 PM   #7
tnfisherman

for one where are you keeping your fishing tackle , does the seats have room under them
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-08, 10:31 PM   #8
stevomac59

I place my tackle box at the back of the boat, usually under the seats.
Old 06-21-08, 06:59 AM   #9
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well since you prolly got to much tackle on board you need to releive some of that. I just happen to know someone that would help you out with that. LOL
Old 06-21-08, 10:36 AM   #10
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

1. The sides are for your rods, not oars. I strongly suggest you put rod socks, especially the Cabela's ones with the built in sleeves, to protect from tangles in the rod box.

2. I have a 14' aluminum and I have plenty enough room for about 8 rods and two tackle boxes/bags. What I do is lay them lengthwise along the passenger side of the gunnels, (if you do not have a console), and they stay out of the way pretty well.

3. For tackle bags, lay them in between the seats, (if your boat doesn't have full-deck capabilities).

Hope this helps,

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-08, 10:36 PM   #11
jeepinchad
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
the thing you must do when using a small boat is know what your goin to do ahead of time..if your going to drift leave the anchor at home,if your going to anchor why have a drift sock takin up space.. i have 2 life vest in one hole up front the state regulated throw cushion in another hole.

nothing takes up more room than fishing jugs.for that reason unless i plan on using them i leave them home..

zooker
Be careful leaving your anchor... some states REQUIRE you have it onboard at all times (Ohio does).

In regards to life jackets... only take what you need. If it's just you, take just your jacket. Life jackets do take up space, and once I have mine out, I don't put it away. I leave it lay in the seat with the kill switch constantly hooked up. This way, I can just slip it on to run to the next spot, and the jacket sitting on the seat helps keep me from burning the fuzz off my rear end on a hot seat during sunny days.

Someone suggest socks for your rods, and I couldn't agree more. It keeps you from having endless tangles in the rod box after getting to your spot.

I have one box that stores all the crap... ahem... necessities that the state says I must have in the boat at all times. These are items that I hardly EVER use, but having them in one place helps me remember where they are in the event a disaster occurs.

Good luck. Organizing the boat is a seemingly endless process that eventually you will get comfortable with. The way I used to pack this boat years ago is completely different from how I pack it today.

In regards to anchors, I recommend packing it in some kind of tote to keep it from beating the tar out of wherever it is stored in your boat.

Oh yeah, and one more thing... don't use one of your livewells to store items in, as a buddy of mine did. I almost laughed out of the boat one day when he filled the livewell, only to look in and find several items "floating" around in the livewell, and a few of his favorite hats stained with lake water.
jeepinchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-08, 04:40 PM   #12
GreenF350
BassFishin.Com Member

Hmmm...I thought I had some suggestions, then I saw that it was a Pro V 16. I have a Pro-17, but it is nothing like that. The only suggestion I might make is my lights are stored horizontal along the ledge behind the seats. You might be able to put similar "rubber brackets" to hold the lights somewhere along the sides to keep them out of the way, and still have them accessible. I am still trying to figure out where to put all of my stuff in the boat, but I will let you know if I have any genius ideas on storage.
-Aaron
GreenF350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.