Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-10, 10:29 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Battery chargers

Well, this was stupid on my part. I hooked the boat trailor up to the truck a couple weekends ago and pulled the boat out of the garage to go fishin very early in the morning. Oops, I forgot to disconnect my old Sears battery charger first and it went boom onto the garage floor. It's not behaving properly now and I'm planning on buying a new one. The one I had was just a basic Sears Diehard 15/2/125 amp automatic with an automatic deep cycle mode. Just clip on the clamps and plug it in. It always seemed to do a pretty good job of charging the battery up, which is a Cabelas AGM group 27 deep cycle battery. It just sits in the rear of my jonboat near the trolling motor.
It's been many years since I purchased my charger and thought I'd ask around to see whats available now days. Wasn't sure how much if any they have changed since I bought mine about 15 years ago. I cant imagine I need anything fancy, but since I do live where it gets bitterly cold durring the winter, a charger that could help a dead frozen battery in mid winter would be beneficial. Any suggestions? I did a little search on line and the number of chargers is rather overwhelming. Schumacker is a name I see popping up a lot. But maybe another Sears Diehard would be just as good.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-10, 01:31 AM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I got 2 wally world chargers Keith. They do a good job. Forget which ones they are though. lol.
Old 10-20-10, 08:58 AM   #3
cody77
BassFishin.Com Member

I got a Shumacker from Wal Mart that works great.
cody77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-10, 09:30 AM   #4
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

From what I've seen it doesn't look like chargers have changed much over the years. I have a Shumacker 10/2 from Tractor Supply. Make sure you get the one with Auto since the less expensive one is Manual only. I sure wish my on-board charger was a 3 bank and not two, now I have to use 2 chargers.

One place that I usually see them for a decent price is in the Bargain Cave at Cabelas, but those are mostly on-board units.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.