Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-11, 12:40 PM   #1
CiK
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Hair Jig Recommendations

I have been looking and looking and looking for a hair jig I want to call "mine". I can't find what I am looking for.

I want a small, compact hair jig in a 1/8oz size that uses a 1/0 hook or smaller. I almost want this to be a crappie hair jig. A lot of the hair jigs I find are just too big for what I want.

I have found a guy in Tennessee that makes spider hair jigs that have a combination of bear hair and strands of silicone. They look like they might be the deal for me but wanted to check with you all first.

Anybody have some other leads on small, compact hair jigs?

Tony
CiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 03:12 PM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I've been doing some reading about hair jigs. This article has some links that might be worth checking down at the bottom.

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/fishing-a...-love-of-hair/
Old 03-22-11, 07:18 PM   #3
CiK

Thanks Joe! I am surprised to find you TX guys reading about hair jigs. Do the water temps even get that cold down there?

Some of the jigs in those pictures look like what I am looking for, but I couldn't find them on any of the websites. They must have come from a few of the custom guys w/o webpages.
Old 03-22-11, 08:06 PM   #4
Jrob78

It has more to do with my finesse rod than it does cold water, to be completely honest. Plus, I think it is something that fish aren't that used to seeing anymore. I saw or read something with Stacey King talking about how he's gotten into fishing them, it piqued my interest.

I don't know if these are the same ones you found but I thought they were kind of cool.

http://www.northstarbaits.com/hairjigs.html
Old 03-22-11, 08:10 PM   #5
M_A_C_K

jimbos jigs are what you are looking for http://jimbosjigs.com
i tie my own jigs and starting to tie them for others too, crappie will bite any jig up to 1/8 oz but the big crappies seem to like smaller ones like 1/16 and 1/32
M_A_C_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 11:16 PM   #6
CiK

Couldn't agree more about the "throwing something different" part. For us up here though, they can be staples early on with the sub-50 water temps.

I like those Northstars. I found those and almost pulled the trigger on them.

Here is a picture of what I found.

Its a company called Jibblers out of Tennessee. He does his business out of Ebay. Bucktail/silicone combination, 1/0 hook, small and compact.
Old 03-22-11, 11:49 PM   #7
Jrob78

Nice! I will check those out on Ebay.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.