Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-13, 10:09 AM   #26
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: JANESVILLE,WI. 53545
Posts: 3,415
Default

I use Ultracast on both spinning and casting.
__________________
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-13, 10:47 PM   #27
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
Lilmoosecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,322
Default

I tried them all but I keep coming back to mono. I'm just old school what can I say.
__________________
Live everyday as if it was your last & check your ego at the door!!! God is watching.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 04:51 PM   #28
Thornback
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ocala, Florida
Posts: 156
Default

I use PowerPro 40# green braid on all my bait casters. I purchase my line at Walmart. No breaks, no curls, no stretch, and when I recently hooked into a 9.5 bass I had no fear. I mostly fish for bass with shiners. Once in a blue moon I'll throw a plastic worm with bullet weight. I can throw that worm a mile and a half.
Thornback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 05:31 PM   #29
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
WTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 7,466
Default

Been using PP for many years now (how long has it been out?!), and I do think I've seen some differences between batches, but on the whole, I trust it. And when I trust a line, it takes a while for me to switch.

It is waaay better when worn however. Its like wearing jeans. Gotta put them through a couple washes.

Don't use braid on spinning, so I also can't comment so much on that part.
__________________
Selling live waterdogs for less since 2005.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-13, 02:01 PM   #30
Brian E Brightwell
BassFishin.Com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Milltown Indiana
Posts: 37
Default

This is a little off topic ,but. I bought some Kanzan braid it what was suppose to be 10#. The stuff breaks real easy. It measures .003 of an inch. The label says it is .0054. So what pound test is it?
Brian E Brightwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-13, 03:07 PM   #31
OkobojiEagle
BassFishin.Com Active Member
 
OkobojiEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NW Iowa
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian E Brightwell View Post
This is a little off topic ,but. I bought some Kanzan braid it what was suppose to be 10#. The stuff breaks real easy. It measures .003 of an inch. The label says it is .0054. So what pound test is it?

Pretty close to 1/2 hair...

oe
OkobojiEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-13, 11:19 PM   #32
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
lilmule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buchanan,Tn
Posts: 2,685
Default

It breaks easily due to no stretch,10 useable on say a weightless worm for suspended ,finiky fish on say a med or med lite spinning outfit if trying normal worming or jigging 20-30 do better.I have a friend that uses ten pd power pro often and outfishes my 30 but for normal application the 30 will lose less fish,no stretch so wimpy rod on less pd test.For bottom bouncing 20-30 will get more bites than 50-60 but on say a crig switching to mono at leader wont matter.You can pull a tree up if you latch on to it.
With the exception of frogging and higher pd test most of my fishing with baitcasters is 30 lb and even toss rattletraps with it,keeps the stripers from swiping a bait also use a wimpy rod with traps,dont seem to toss the lure so bad either.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-13, 10:50 PM   #33
Brian E Brightwell
BassFishin.Com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Milltown Indiana
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
It breaks easily due to no stretch,10 useable on say a weightless worm for suspended ,finiky fish on say a med or med lite spinning outfit if trying normal worming or jigging 20-30 do better.I have a friend that uses ten pd power pro often and outfishes my 30 but for normal application the 30 will lose less fish,no stretch so wimpy rod on less pd test.For bottom bouncing 20-30 will get more bites than 50-60 but on say a crig switching to mono at leader wont matter.You can pull a tree up if you latch on to it.
With the exception of frogging and higher pd test most of my fishing with baitcasters is 30 lb and even toss rattletraps with it,keeps the stripers from swiping a bait also use a wimpy rod with traps,dont seem to toss the lure so bad either.
It breaks easy because of the small diameter. I use 10 pound PowerPro, 832 and Nanofil all the time and each of those is a lot stronger than the Kanzan. I think this spool of line was miss marked.
Brian E Brightwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 08:33 PM   #34
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
lilmule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buchanan,Tn
Posts: 2,685
Default

Respecttfully disagree diameter has iittle to do with it,strength does and may have been mislabeled or that brand doesnt test out as high a pd test as power pro.It is a good brand but braid in general has no stretch,mono does have.Thus why a wimpier rod is often used with light braid,with ten pd cheap mono can pull the boat over to it when snaged as can stretch 5 ft prior to breaking,on a long cast,braid if soild can easily break in ten pd rating.
Being soiid gives power to hooksets,and in higher pd test will cut grass and hang on to a bass and pull both in.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 10:33 PM   #35
Brian E Brightwell
BassFishin.Com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Milltown Indiana
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Respecttfully disagree diameter has iittle to do with it,strength does and may have been mislabeled or that brand doesnt test out as high a pd test as power pro.It is a good brand but braid in general has no stretch,mono does have.Thus why a wimpier rod is often used with light braid,with ten pd cheap mono can pull the boat over to it when snaged as can stretch 5 ft prior to breaking,on a long cast,braid if soild can easily break in ten pd rating.
Being soiid gives power to hooksets,and in higher pd test will cut grass and hang on to a bass and pull both in.
I agree with what you say. This roll of Kanzan is very strong for .003 diameter.
Brian E Brightwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2013 BassFishin.Com LLC