Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-10, 11:58 PM   #1
dbltap
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 1994 Cajun Pros and Cons

This is a boat I'm looking at. 20 ft. $7500. Looks real clean and the motor is certified for compression. It needs a trolling motor and electronics.
I think these boats are in the Stratos family. Need to know if they handle well and are sturdy or have weak spots like the transom. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks
dbltap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 08:05 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

YOU GOT IT MANNNNNNNNNN! yes i own a 97 rajun cajun. it IS in the stratos family (thanks to da ZOOKENSTEIN for letting me in on that info). AND YES! i love the way it handles, i have had NO problem whatsoever with it. if you will look on the get together threads you MIGHT be able to see mine in the photos. i'll try to find some that i have and post them. mine is 20' 1". tourny edition. i have a 200 hp motor, johnson VENOM. runs great after it warms up. that is the ONLY problem i have with the johnsons, warm up time. but mine handles turns and waves very well. i have NOT noticed ANY weak spots anywhere.
but i will say this......IF i win the lottery and can buy ANY rig out there. da cajun will be TOTATLY restored and given to my nephew. mine is NOT perfect as it IS a 97 model. but i really do love it compared to what i have had over the last 4 yrs. and 2 of those were STRATOS'S. older models at that. older than 94.
Old 01-12-10, 09:00 PM   #3
dbltap
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the info. I had a picture link but it must not have worked. If you want to see the boat it is on eBay under Cajun Bass. Seller is a dealership in Nashville Illinois. I didn't know it was on eBay as I found it on Craigslist. It will probably be gone before I can get the money together. Thanks for the info anyway.

Last edited by dbltap; 01-12-10 at 09:03 PM. Reason: wrong info
dbltap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 07:38 PM   #4
Basscat7
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbltap View Post
Thanks for the info. I had a picture link but it must not have worked. If you want to see the boat it is on eBay under Cajun Bass. Seller is a dealership in Nashville Illinois. I didn't know it was on eBay as I found it on Craigslist. It will probably be gone before I can get the money together. Thanks for the info anyway.
Check the seating area flooring carefully. Had 2 friends with Cajuns that needed complete floor replacements due to rotting plywood under the carpeting.

Being a 16 year old boat, make sure you check the entire floor areas, climb all over and put your weight on the balls of your feet and see if the area gives or feels spongy.
Not a difficult job, replacing the flooring, but time consuming.
Basscat7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.