Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Poll: do you believe in ghosts
Poll Options
do you believe in ghosts

Old 04-13-10, 12:05 AM   #1
txriebe
BassFishin.Com Member

Default ghosts

had an odd experience tonight and it made me wonder who all out there believes in ghosts, spirits, ect.
Old 04-13-10, 12:19 AM   #2
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Nope... I believe everything happens for a reason and can be explained one way or another without resorting to ghosts or the supernatural.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 12:53 AM   #3
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yep, I sure do. Just from some experiances I've had.
Old 04-13-10, 03:34 AM   #4
islandbass

I would say that the possibility exists. Just watch ghost hunters! Or those pyshic kids on Bio.
Old 04-13-10, 06:25 AM   #5
BassinBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Even though I have yet to see anything myself. To much proof exists such as: The first picture show a little girl in abandoned burning building, the second is of a guy in his car and you can see someone in the back seat but there was no one in the back seat when the pic was taken. Some truly great pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fire_girl_lg.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	5000   Click image for larger version

Name:	back-seat-ghost.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	5001  
Old 04-13-10, 06:39 AM   #6
Jrob78

Boo!!!!!!!
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 09:46 AM   #7
BassinNC

I beleieve in evil spirits but not people who are dead but still roaming the earth.
Old 04-13-10, 10:04 AM   #8
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i have the liscene to embomb the deceased.-yeah i'm a certified undertaker-

my appernticeship was in a 300 year old funeral home.i seen things move, heard noises that were out of normal..

zooker
Old 04-13-10, 10:34 AM   #9
WTL

Um yes sir, the Holy Ghost is a spirit....so yeah.

But I guess I am moderately wary of the spooky ghosts that are at old castles and battlefields too. I don't believe in any one ghost story like that, but I certainly understand and give credence to their possibility. Was in a haunted tavern the other night from 1810. And the prime rib was spooky good.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 10:42 AM   #10
WaffleJaw

Yes I believe ..Years ago I tried a bit of ghost hunting.lol.

I look at how we can send signals across the world using radiowaves..Moving information through nothing but energy and vibrations.
In the same sense I think the afterlife operates similar....We as the living operate on one channel,The spirit world on another...Like a walkie talkie.
We pick up and communicate on a different level on vibrations which I believe to be very fast...I believe the non-living operate much,much slower...Thats is why we dont hear or see them...Also why a fan,or running water is use in seances to communicate with spirits..It allows them to amplify thier vibrations allowing the spirit to talk throught it.

Did I every find anything in my ghost hunting travels?...Not really.lol...I do have a photo that I cant explain...No,its not stupid orbs!!...It was a get together in memeory of my brother...The photo contains a weird milky,tranparent splooge in the background...Not cigarette smoke,camera fail,or anything like that....But you can see all the detail behind it.

If I remember ,I willl post the photo on here and let yall be the judge.

Last edited by WaffleJaw; 04-13-10 at 10:48 AM.
WaffleJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 11:45 AM   #11
fishin spro

I am undecided to be quite honest. I wish I could say no,but I have scared the living hell out of myself many times walking through a dark room or abondoned building by just thinking of what could be around.

What kind of experience did you have that made you decide to ask that quistion?
Old 04-13-10, 03:14 PM   #12
nofearengineer

I don't believe in ghosts at all. Not the "spooky, hang around after you're dead" kind.

I do believe as far as BassinBandit's photos go, that the human brain is designed to identify things that look like faces. It goes part and parcel with needing to interpret body language and subtle facial responses in order to survive as a social animal.

I also have an interesting theory, however, that is probably no more likely than undead spirits walking the Earth, but is a neat idea. We've all heard of hauntings where the ghost is reported to always be doing the same thing each and every time. Think of it this way...if there was some sort of "tear" in time-space fabric that acted sort of like a TV camera, and then acted like a TV over and over, but intermittently, the viewer would then be able to watch what happened long ago, as if it were actually happening. In this case, there really isn't a ghost, but it seems to be.

These things could be all around us...little localized time-space "TV's", but we never notice them unless something that seems out of place is happening. In other words....a pine tree's "ghost" in the middle of a forest is unlikely to attract a lot of attention, but a bank robber's death would.

Okay....that's enough "Coast to Coast with Art Bell" for one day.
Old 04-13-10, 03:48 PM   #13
1/4 stick

I had a simular theory nofear. Except mine involves parallel dimensions and sometimes one demention wonders into another, and sometimes the same point in time of another demention continues to wonder into ours.

But then I also have a microbial theory about existance too, that's just as nutty. We have things that are smaller than our eyes can see, bacteria, nurons, etc.. What if there are beings bigger than us and we're microbs to them. Kinda like that doll that keeps opening to a smaller doll, except on an much larger scale. And since human existance is relatively short, less than a blink of an eye compared to how old the universe might be, it could just be that we are the beginings of a killer virus to some race of what we'd concider mega-giants. I mean if things can be so small we can't see them, why can't things be so big that we can't see them?

I know... I know.. And believe it or not, those are some of my sober thoughts.
Old 04-13-10, 04:07 PM   #14
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post

But then I also have a microbial theory about existance too, that's just as nutty. We have things that are smaller than our eyes can see, bacteria, nurons, etc.. What if there are beings bigger than us and we're microbs to them. Kinda like that doll that keeps opening to a smaller doll, except on an much larger scale. And since human existance is relatively short, less than a blink of an eye compared to how old the universe might be, it could just be that we are the beginings of a killer virus to some race of what we'd concider mega-giants. I mean if things can be so small we can't see them, why can't things be so big that we can't see them?
You're right, 1/4...I'm sure the bacteria munching on stuff in our large intestine has no idea it's living inside another organism. Ignorance is bliss.

Well, back to munching on crap.
Old 04-13-10, 05:04 PM   #15
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
You're right, 1/4...I'm sure the bacteria munching on stuff in our large intestine has no idea it's living inside another organism. Ignorance is bliss.

Well, back to munching on crap.
Yummie!!!
Old 04-13-10, 05:04 PM   #16
bassinbob

I think I saw one. I don't believe in them so I can't explain what I saw. I did find out later that the place I did or didn't see one is haunted. What I did see was a hazy figure, male. Dressed in turn of the century 1800's early 1900's cloak type coat running up the staircase of an old hotel.
Old 04-13-10, 05:16 PM   #17
lowrider

Quote:
I had a simular theory nofear. Except mine involves parallel dimensions and sometimes one demention wonders into another, and sometimes the same point in time of another demention continues to wonder into ours.

But then I also have a microbial theory about existance too, that's just as nutty. We have things that are smaller than our eyes can see, bacteria, nurons, etc.. What if there are beings bigger than us and we're microbs to them. Kinda like that doll that keeps opening to a smaller doll, except on an much larger scale. And since human existance is relatively short, less than a blink of an eye compared to how old the universe might be, it could just be that we are the beginings of a killer virus to some race of what we'd concider mega-giants. I mean if things can be so small we can't see them, why can't things be so big that we can't see them

I know... I know.. And believe it or not, those are some of my sober thoughts.
Stop it man, you're freekin' me out!
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 05:37 PM   #18
bamabassman

I am a ghost. Really i am.
Old 04-13-10, 06:00 PM   #19
Jrob78

I see dead people
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 06:05 PM   #20
MississippiBoy

Old 04-13-10, 06:23 PM   #21
bcklash

NO I DON"T -- except on many occasions when I was in the ham shed years ago.

But I pretty sure I met John Seiver at Big Bear Resort last May and he is a ghost and I'm sure I wasn't in a ham shed!!!!
Old 04-13-10, 06:54 PM   #22
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
NO I DON"T -- except on many occasions when I was in the ham shed years ago.

But I pretty sure I met John Seiver at Big Bear Resort last May and he is a ghost and I'm sure I wasn't in a ham shed!!!!
Years??? You know dang well that was last weekend!
Old 04-13-10, 07:10 PM   #23
bcklash

Quote:
Years??? You know dang well that was last weekend!
Dang, busted again. I smell a ghostly rat.
Old 04-13-10, 10:07 PM   #24
bamabassman

Hahaha, i don't believe in "ghosts". Except like billy said.THE HOLY GHOST. And ron,donald If my sister is correct in her family tree research..JOHN SEIVER is a relative of mine. We think our ancesters founded seiverville, tn. Then changed the spelling when we moved to BAMA, don't want no orange wearing folks thinking we are from up there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 04-14-10, 01:01 AM   #25
txriebe
BassFishin.Com Member

im not entirely sure what i believe but my buddies dragged me to an abandoned house that was built where an older house had burnt down and the two people died there. saw some wierd things that made me think

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.