Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-08, 10:28 PM   #1
crankitup
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Suday's a New Day!!

Alright!!!! The weekend is almost here! I'm getting excited about cranking up the boat and hunting down these fish! Damn Sneaky Fish!! I'm hitting a new lake and wanted to get advice on what my approach should be right out of the box. I'm setting up shop at 6:00AM when day breaks. I drove by and scoped the lake out toady. It is really calm, some vegetation, and the water is clear. Temperature is going to be in the 90's and I think the water will stay around the 80-84 temp.
crankitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 10:51 PM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Start in the middle of the lake and fish in towards the shore throwing topwater. Then go back out and do the same thing with a jerkbait or fluke. Do this once again use a shallow running crankbait or swim a chatterbait. Once more go out and use a medium running crankbait but this time try a spinnerbait also. If that fails try a deep diving crankbait or slow roll a 1oz spinnerbait.
If all of them fail then go flip a 3/8oz T-rigged Baby Papi craw (or something similar) on the fishiest looking laydowns or pads along the shoreline and start wacking 'em.
Old 05-29-08, 11:19 PM   #3
crankitup
BassFishin.Com Member

Bad ***. You know waht I am going to print this out and take it with me. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice.
crankitup is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.