Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-09, 05:51 AM   #1
Roland
BassFishin.Com Member

Default How long to build a boat

Hello friends.... got a tongue in cheek question for you.. How long does it take to build a pontoon boat. I ordered my Bennington 20 SFi about 5 or 6 weeks ago. was told it would be 2 to 3 weeks... still.... no boat.. guess they're shipping it by pack mule. Heck, by the time it gets here it will be too cold to use it.. oh well, I guess I can take the time to learn how to back it up the drive.... I have come up with a solution to not being able to store the boat in the garage... even though the boat comes with a cover, think I'll have one of those "metal" carports installed next to my garage for the boat. With added panels on the side that do a good job of keeping blowing rain off of everything except the toons, and I got a feeling rains not gonna bother them. Of course have to get the boat here first.

Roland
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 12:22 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Roland- Sorry, I can't help you. I'd contact the company you ordered from and make them tell you some good news.

GuitarCrazyyo- What in the world are you talking about?
Old 10-29-09, 05:43 AM   #3
Roland
BassFishin.Com Member

Default if it weren't for bad luck....

Hey Mississippi boy...funny thing, right after I read your post the boat dealer called me and told me my boat would be here friday afternoon, they'll go ahead and rig it out and get it ready for me to pick up saturday....so I'm all juiced... ready to go pick up my first boat, can't wait, then it dawns on me... I don't have anything to pull it home with. Turns out I put my suv in the shop last friday to get a minor repair done, but while it was in the shop, the tech backed it out of the stall and forgot he left the drivers side back door open and bam.... takes the door off the vehicle... so now it's in their body shop and probably won't be ready til sometime next week...oh, well, still going over thier saturday and get up in it and just sit in it for awhile..... hey, noticed by your logo you're into guitars... what's your preference... I've got an old Castilla acoustic that's at least 30 years old and sounds great, also have a gibson ES 135 that's really got a great blues / jazz quality.. sorry for getting off the forums topic which is boats... sure wish saturday would get here... only part I hate is trying to pay for it...

Roland
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 07:43 AM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Roland, you could go to Hertz or Enterprise or someplace like that and rent a truck to bring it home with.

BB
Old 10-29-09, 10:02 AM   #5
Abbeysdad
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Roland, you could go to Hertz or Enterprise or someplace like that and rent a truck to bring it home with.

BB
Or ask the dealer about delivering it to your yard!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.