Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-07, 06:04 PM   #1
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default You guys think the pros visit this site?

If not they should! The big time vets like Zook, Lizards, Reb, WTL, and many others really know they're stuff. I am honored to be amongst they're learned flock. When I joined the site I thought I knew it all and I knew plenty, but these guys catapulted me into bassmaster status. Thanks so much guys (and others that I left out)! I love this site and it is due to you vets and Kevin being an awesome moderator.
Old 05-22-07, 08:28 PM   #2
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

"You guys think the pros visit this site?"

I seriously doubt it. If they do visit any forum I'd guess it would be BFHP.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-07, 10:21 PM   #3
crankybait

Does it matter? The guys over here provide me all the information i could ever need, I bet the pro's could learn from them. Not to mention the more-than-occasional laughs.
Old 05-23-07, 08:42 AM   #4
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

That's what I mean, to learn from you cranky.
Old 05-23-07, 10:07 AM   #5
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

Wow... Krueger.... Thats One Hellish Bold Statement. Lol
Old 05-23-07, 11:36 AM   #6
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Are you being sarcastic?
Old 05-23-07, 11:47 AM   #7
bassthumb32

are you talking to me wtl or krueger
Old 05-23-07, 11:56 AM   #8
WTL

Krueger.

The only thing I know for sure is that I know nothing.
Old 05-23-07, 12:10 PM   #9
bassthumb32

"catapulted me into bassmaster status"

thats impressive
Old 05-23-07, 06:00 PM   #10
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassthumb32 View Post
Wow... Krueger.... Thats One Hellish Bold Statement. Lol
that is an insanely bold statement coming from patty-o furniture.. seeing he knows cranky got thrown out of more sites then many of us are on for asking dumb questions.

i know there was a time when cranky could "barely" hit the water if he fell in. now he is getting better. still not good but much improved.. and he was vote most improved angler for 06..-don't let that go to your head cranky- i figure he could probly nail the water if he fell in now..

zooker
Old 05-23-07, 08:28 PM   #11
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

LOL Zook, I did mean it as a compliment, we've all seen the tremondous progress he's made. He could probably outfish Marty Stone...Rick Clunn ain't been doing so good either.

Seriously, if I was a pro I'd hit this site, different opinions, new ideas, great people. It would be kinda' stupid not to.
Old 05-23-07, 08:56 PM   #12
OUTLAW
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Krueger, Jr. View Post
If not they should! The big time vets like Zook, Lizards, Reb, WTL, and many others really know they're stuff. I am honored to be amongst they're learned flock. When I joined the site I thought I knew it all and I knew plenty, but these guys catapulted me into bassmaster status. Thanks so much guys (and others that I left out)! I love this site and it is due to you vets and Kevin being an awesome moderator.

Pat,
I know already that your a BASSMASTER in disguise,You could be Jimmy Houston,Bill Dance,or any of those guys.It doesnt matter to me Pat,I know your famous,I would just rather call you a friend .You know man, I may never meet you in my lifetime,And Its really hard to say this , but I LOVE YOU MAN,and I dont care what anybody else says,They can take my man card away,call me a farg, I am what I am,and thats all that I am,and Nobody can take it away from me, (Maybe J.B. and his pictures)
Thankyou
Old 05-23-07, 09:38 PM   #13
dampeoples

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

I visit daily
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 02:20 AM   #14
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampeoples View Post
I visit daily

And how is Ol' Daily getting along?

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 08:08 AM   #15
bassthumb32

"He could probably outfish Marty Stone...Rick Clunn ain't been doing so good either."

the fact that you say that shows how little you know about bass fishing. marty stone and or rick clunn could mop the floor with cranky (no offense cranky). ill go ahead and say that they could beat anyone on this site on unfamiliar waters. no doubt there are a lot of great fishermen on this site but marty stone and rick clunn are pros for a reason. you dont get that far on luck you get that far by winning a lot of tournaments.
Old 05-24-07, 09:48 AM   #16
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Rick Clunn is 80th in points, and Marty Stone is 91st. We should have a tourney between those three. My money is on Crankybait.
Old 05-24-07, 09:56 AM   #17
bassthumb32

yeah your probably right. rick clunn and marty stone they are losers. what do they know. marty stone has only won $700,000 in tournaments and rick clunn only has won $2.7 million and that doesnt include what they get from sponsors.
Old 05-24-07, 10:11 AM   #18
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

How long has Clunn been fishing? 34 years, half as long as KVD. They both made 2.7 million. Stone has been fishing 11 years. You could make that amount at McDonald's in that amount of time. LOL
Old 05-24-07, 02:38 PM   #19
dampeoples

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod View Post
And how is Ol' Daily getting along?

FR
Quite well, actually. Still complains every time it gets humid, but you know, the usual.
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 04:37 PM   #20
mont_lunker_hunter

Uhh, Krueger...i think ur math may be a little off...Rick Clunn was kicking *** when KVD was still on the tit. Also, you can't look at money earned when comparing the vets to the newer guys. There's alot more money out there now, not to mention bonuses from sponsors that weren't even around back in the day.
mont_lunker_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 04:42 PM   #21
bassthumb32

once again saying that shows how little you know about bass fishing and for $63,000 a year ill work at mcdonalds.
Old 05-24-07, 04:58 PM   #22
bassbooger

OMG!!!!!

CAN WE JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION?

The question was Do I think pros visit this site? Not, Do I think Cranky can beat the pros? There is a possibility, but I am betting no, the pros do not visit this site.

Simply because most of the pros think they do not need to get on a message board and see what the normal everyday bass fisherman has to say about a sport that they think they know everything about. I know there is lots to learn here and I thank everybody that contributes to this wonderful board that Kevin provides for us to share that infinite knowledge, but think of it this way. If you had tounaments every single weekend and you had to drive across the country to make those tournaments, would you be worrying about logging on to bassfishin.com to see what has been posted?
Old 05-25-07, 05:55 AM   #23
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont_lunker_hunter View Post
Uhh, Krueger...i think ur math may be a little off...Rick Clunn was kicking *** when KVD was still on the tit. Also, you can't look at money earned when comparing the vets to the newer guys. There's alot more money out there now, not to mention bonuses from sponsors that weren't even around back in the day.
Yet Clunn has been competing with KVD with poor results since '91.
Old 05-25-07, 05:58 AM   #24
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbooger View Post
OMG!!!!!

CAN WE JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION?

The question was Do I think pros visit this site? Not, Do I think Cranky can beat the pros? There is a possibility, but I am betting no, the pros do not visit this site.

Simply because most of the pros think they do not need to get on a message board and see what the normal everyday bass fisherman has to say about a sport that they think they know everything about. I know there is lots to learn here and I thank everybody that contributes to this wonderful board that Kevin provides for us to share that infinite knowledge, but think of it this way. If you had tounaments every single weekend and you had to drive across the country to make those tournaments, would you be worrying about logging on to bassfishin.com to see what has been posted?
Good point!
Old 05-30-07, 03:16 AM   #25
thebus71h

Send a message via AIM to thebus71h

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbooger View Post
It's probably possible, you wouldn't believe the pro race drivers that hop online every once in a while to check out message boards in that realm. For you think that every pro bass fisherman is so egotistical to think down on all of us is just downright stupid in my opinion though, I don't think it's out of the question.
Billy Rowlee #71h
thebus71h is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.