Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-06, 03:50 PM   #1
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Redneck Engineering

I was driving past a pond earlier this week and had about 5 minutes to kill so I figured I stop, check out the water level, clarity, etc. While out on the pier I noticed somebody had left a used plastic worm. Even though it appeared to be an ordinary plastic worm I picked it up (the bait monkey told me to). Upon further inspection I noticed what appeared to be Redneck Engineering at its FINEST! Apparently this Redneck had an IQ higher than a 12 pack. What they did was cut a slit in the body of the worm, hollowed out part of the worm then inserted a wad of absorbant material. They then glued everything back together. I'm not exactly sure what this material was but it was somewhat like a cottonball/dobbie pad mix. It was absorbant so it would hold the scent longer, but it was also more firm than a cotton ball but a little softer than a dobbie pad. This material did a good job adding a texture to the worm. It was now harder than your typical plastic worm, but now firm and a little course, but not too firm.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.