Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-09, 12:57 AM   #1
basaunders23
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Just Bought A 6ft Lightning Rod Shock

Hello everyone, my name is Brett and I am new to these forums. I have got a question for you all. I just bought a 6ft lightning rod shock and i use an Abu Garcia Cardinal reel. Ive been fishing for about 4-5 years now and i have always used mono filament line. I usually fish ponds, and on the weekends i fish in a bigger lake. My bait of choice would be a plastic worm, but i also use small spinners, and other small swimming baits.This year i was thinking about getting some of the berkley fireline crystal because it is recommended to use braided line on the information that came with the rod. I was just wondering if this is a good move or if i should stick with the mono filament. I really would like to try out the braided line but after reading through these forums i have seen some people claiming to have quite a few problems with these line. I was also reading that you should try leading the braided line with mono filament because the braided line is visible to the fish, and i was wondering if this is really necessary and if it will make a big difference if i do this, or if it is even needed. Thank you all for your help, I am excited to be a part of this community.
basaunders23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.