Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-10, 01:20 PM   #1
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Back for now

Well I am back for now. Been enjoying taking my dad out and showing him a thing or two about catching fish. <Sarcastic

He have been killing the snook all around Tampa but heading back to Vegas this week to get back on the Bass. I gotta be honest I miss my TOW for the bass hunt and whole going pro thing - but sometimes if you take a step back or two you might learn a few things. The snook are a blast and most like bass fishing in salt water. (If you like saltwater) We did a little night fishing for some big reds which was fun.

I did sell the Ranger but keeping the Nitro Z9 I bought from the kid and thinking of adding the Phoenix for the Tampa house. (Freshwater) We have a Skeeter center council for the salt water that has been a total treat to fish out of. I could make that boat work on Lake Mead and the big water. The weather in Tampa has been crap so we have been sticking to the inshore stuff. Me and my dad get out at least two times a week and that’s about all he can take. My brother is going to stay with him for the next two months while I am back in Vegas.

Anyhow looking to getting back to the Bass and all the quality tips I get here.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 03:24 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like you have had your plate full. Welcome back.
Old 07-06-10, 05:23 PM   #3
bamabassman

welcome back for sure vegass. hope things are looing up for oyu and your family.
Old 07-06-10, 06:58 PM   #4
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome back man. While you were out I actually told everyone i caught my fisrt saltwater fish a few weeks ago... Got into some speckled trout in TX... and as far as i can tell inshore fishing is a lot like freshwater...

If you dont mine my asking, which model skeeter bay boat do you have?
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 01:29 PM   #5
Vegasspider

Default Thanks all your too nice

The Skeet as we call it is a ZX2200 with a Optimax 225. It has two power polls and a windless so easy as heck to fish from. We bought it used in 05 with 20 hours on it. My son who relocated back to Tampa full time sold me his Nitro and he has the Skeet on the water at least 3 days a week. He is working on his Capt. License just for the challenge. We have all agreed for the time being not to get too serious and take the fun out of fishing. I love the Skeet and I find it way more comfortable than a bass boat. (Not faster just more comfortable) You can see everything while driving and this thing will draft in 3’ of water, hold its position and the hand trolling is easier for newbie’s to use etc. (Tarpon season What’s even more fun is my dad has an old Boston Whaler with a 25 on it. He redid the interior about three years ago and people try to buy it off of him constantly.

I do want to say I am enjoying the Nitro and get lots and lots of compliments on it. I was a tried and true Ranger guy for years but the last buying and service experience with my 09 was enough for me. I am happy to be in a much nicer boat for $15k less. It’s fast as heck and easy to drive. I really like their rod storage and really storage overall is perfect. I am going to pick up a butt seat and power pole when I get back to Vegas this weekend.

Inshore is much like freshwater fishing. Especially Snook and Trout. The best part is you never know what your going to see or catch. Of course, as Jimmy Buffet would say “all the tourist covered in oil” aint bad either. Hey if there’s a line at the dock why not girls in bikinis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
Welcome back man. While you were out I actually told everyone i caught my fisrt saltwater fish a few weeks ago... Got into some speckled trout in TX... and as far as i can tell inshore fishing is a lot like freshwater...

If you dont mine my asking, which model skeeter bay boat do you have?
Old 07-07-10, 02:16 PM   #6
nofearengineer

All the tourists, covered in oil....

Has a totally different meaning these days.
Old 07-07-10, 08:53 PM   #7
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
All the tourists, covered in oil....

Has a totally different meaning these days.

Now that's funny! Sick for sure, but still funny!!

Welcome back Vegas, anxious to hear about your next adventure!
Old 07-08-10, 12:12 AM   #8
Vegasspider

Thanks Bob. I am thinking of donating my Nitro to a college team. Gonna take my time and see which is underfunded the most but also trying the most. Problem is FLW is the big player for the college teams and we all know what that means. I should have donated my Ranger instead of selling it but I just had the the thought today.
Old 07-08-10, 07:52 AM   #9
walkeraviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasspider View Post
Thanks Bob. I am thinking of donating my Nitro to a college team. Gonna take my time and see which is underfunded the most but also trying the most. Problem is FLW is the big player for the college teams and we all know what that means. I should have donated my Ranger instead of selling it but I just had the the thought today.
I hereby plug the University of Kentucky fishing team. I know nothing more than that we do have one. And I bleed blue so I thought I would help out the Cats anyway i can... you could as UKBassman he is on teh team...

Old 07-08-10, 08:04 AM   #10
coachpurdy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

[QUOTE=nofearengineer;304999]All the tourists, covered in oil....

I've got tickets to see him on a oil covered beach
coachpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 12:42 PM   #11
Vegasspider

I like UK a lot problem is I am a Gator grad but they have plenty of money.
Old 07-08-10, 03:29 PM   #12
walkeraviator

well at leats you keep it SEC... yeah Auburn and Florida both have tons of money in their FLW teams... as does Murray State (easy to understand since Kentucky Lake is in their back yard)... i pull for the Gators when you play all your in state rivals... you could do the Cats a favor this time right... haha

By the way, nice bay boat... If I had the disposable income I would own a Skeeter ZX22T... or maybe a blue wave... but alas i am broke...
Old 07-08-10, 06:58 PM   #13
Vegasspider

Broke is a state of mind.... Go Gators. I am leaning towards a CA school to get them more motivated, as we need a coast-to-coast rival to spice it up a bit. I am torn at the moment if I am going to move back to Tampa full time or stay on the West Coast. At the moment, I favor the west. I get along with everyone but I like the weather here. (CA not Las Vegas) One thing for sure Vegas is history I am out here in the next 60 days or less. Gotta get somewhere so that my daughter can start high school. She comes first and then my dad. It’s a four-year thing. Wherever she starts school is where I stay for the next 4 and my dad probably won’t make it much more than 4 years. My son is in Tampa but like me he married a west coast girl and she wants to come back out west. I would love that as my grandbaby is only a year old. Just too many up in the air things at the moment.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.