Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-09, 01:01 AM   #1
BASSNUT1967
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Rhino v176 all alum suzuki 4 stroke df-70

New to the board just wanted to share

One day I get a call from my Dad in Alabama he tells me he is getting to old to handle his boat and he is making arrangements to have it delivered to me. The boat has been sitting for about 2 ½ years. The boat arrived on 11/05/07. Woke up early Sat morning and started cleaning all the seats, after I got done with the seats I put lots of vinyl conditioner on the seats DAM THEY TURNED OUT BRANDNEW. Today I shampooed all the carpet in the boat, I had to be careful because the carpet was weather beating, later down the road I'll put new carpet in. It looks pretty good after I got done shampooing all the Alabama dirt out of it. I replaced all the wiring and then I took a look at the motor, I took all the old fuel out changed all the fuel filters and spark plugs, the motor would crank over but it would not start. I don’t know anything about this motor so I took it to a friend that works on outboard motors. My friend Jim found the problem it was the fuel pump as you can see in the pictures the fuel pump is shot because the boat sat for about 2 1/2 years and condensation formed in the fuel pump, He's going to replace the hole thing because at the bottom of it, there is a screw that is stuck, Jim said it is best to get a new one because it will be under warranty. The other pictures showed what happened to the fender when I had a blow out on the freeway towing it to Jim’s. The total cost for this plus Jim's labor ran me $1011.24 THANK GOD FOR MY TAXES. Know it’s time for the bunk boards. I dropped my boat off at my friends house in Hesperia, so he can reinforce the bolster brackets and help me put on the new bunk boards, as you can see in one of the pic the center of the bolster bracket is gone, he fixed that with no problem.

BASSNUT1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-09, 10:27 AM   #2
Earl Marshall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Welcome aboard Bassnut1967 nice looking rig.....
Earl Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-09, 01:00 PM   #3
REDBULLCUBAN

Send a message via AIM to REDBULLCUBAN

nice always good to have a suprise boat commin your way! welcome aboard
Old 01-21-09, 07:15 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

WHERE IN BAMA?!?!?!? hahahaha, kidding buddy. welcome to the house of nuts and bait monkey fodder pal. now that is a very nice rig you have there. and probably gonna be under2 grand. CAN'T BEAT THAT WITH AN UGLY STICK!!!! again welcome and tell us a tall tale,hahahahaha.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-09, 08:25 PM   #5
abu4600

Welcome to the forum. That's a good looking rig.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-09, 11:59 PM   #6
barkelypup

Thats nice and shiny. I would like to have a boat like that. Especially when its free.

bP
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 01:56 PM   #7
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You've got yourself a great starter boat their, let us know how she fishes.

Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.