Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-11, 11:50 PM   #1
IowaBasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default favorite hot weather tactics?

What are your favorite hot-weather tactics?

I can't believe its July 4th already. It seems like just yesterday it was February and I was re-organizing my tackle box for the 3rd and 4th time waiting for the ice to go out.

We're in the middle of our first real heat wave of the year. Yesterday it was 96 degrees with a heat index of 109. That's hot for Iowa and so muggy it's difficult to breath; simply miserable unless you're in the comfort of air-conditioning.

I'm headed to the lake, the daytime highs are suppose to be in the low 90's and water temps will probably be close to 80. (Just 2 weeks ago the water was in the upper 60's)

Aside from fishing after dark, what tactics do you use when it gets hot? I'll likely be out for 2-1/2 to 3 hours in the early morning. I'm gonna give the buzz-baits and frogs a try. (Ribbits, Horny Toads & Spro's) Throughout the day I'll probably go out 2 or 3 times, but only for an hour at a time. I'll probably throw some soft plastics and maybe a spinnerbait. I might also try a wacky worm or fluke; either weightless or on a drop-shot rig.
IowaBasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.