Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-05, 12:11 AM   #1
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Cold Fronts Movin in

Glad I fished my tourney early because it's going to be getting cold fast they say. Don't know what the fishing is going to be like. Saturday I caught the heck out of them all day at the numbers lake. What do you guys like to fish when it gets cold real fast?
Old 11-14-05, 09:22 PM   #2
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

, , and is what I say about cold fronts. I will use a t-rigged plastic, or a fluke or jerkbait worked very, very slow, along with a c-rig or M-rig with a 4 inch morsel. Good luck, we are getting it also. The good side of this will hopefully be it finally turns the fish on for the fall bite I keep waitng for. It has been unusually warm here for this time of year, heck I fished my tourney for this site in 70 degree weather in NOV

Lizards
Old 11-14-05, 11:10 PM   #3
Fishie

Yeah me too!
Old 11-17-05, 11:34 PM   #4
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Hopefully it will push the flounders in the inlet.

Opps did I say that I mean turn the bass on.

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-05, 01:06 PM   #5
scrap
BassFishin.Com Active Member

lizard, where u from, what is this fall bite thing? i am having a hard time catching a cold here in cumberland, md. things have slacked off here the last couple of weeks. any help?
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-05, 06:04 PM   #6
bassnman30

Most people stay home and watch TV. Other people, like myself go out and "try" to catch one small fish. At least thats the way it goes for me. Especially on Badin. They need to stock that place with bass.
No offense Zook.
Old 11-20-05, 07:51 AM   #7
1FASTLASER

LMAO!!!!!!! Getem zook.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-05, 08:54 AM   #8
pig n jig

The post title was part of the lyrics to Lucky Peterson's "Dont cloud up on me" song.What did I win ? Scrap the fall fishing is difficult because the bass go out and suspend in open water colums.Here people troll using crankbaits to catch a few fish. I personally don't fish that way because its boring fishing. I will keep track of where they caught a fish at and if they don't stick around and troll back through, I will take advantage of it and throw crankbaits or suspending ratltraps in that area. If I am on fish, I can catch them, but sometimes I struggle trying to find them this time of year as well. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-05, 09:05 AM   #9
pig n jig

I find it easier to locate smallmouth this time of year.Look at where the bottom contour drops, slopes, or stair steps with a fairly sharp contrast and you will find smallmouth bass.Normally the depths are between 15-90' of water here on the glacier made lakes.I generally target 15-40', but I have 2 places where I catch them at 90 feet, but don't make a habit of doing it because its too slow and you need calm lake conditions to fish that deep.I use a smoke colored 5" Kalin grub on a 3/8-3/4 oz.jighead. I hope this helps. P N J
Old 11-20-05, 11:35 AM   #10
Fishie

Yeah I have been doing pretty good dropshotting little worms on some lakes around here. They are also hitting beavers on a carolina rig somewhat.
Old 11-20-05, 04:28 PM   #11
pig n jig

Thats what a typical fall fishing spot should be like. P N J
Old 11-20-05, 10:10 PM   #12
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap
lizard, where u from, what is this fall bite thing? i am having a hard time catching a cold here in cumberland, md. things have slacked off here the last couple of weeks. any help?
I'm currently in Indiana, soon to be in Florida though PNJ, and Bassman30 both gave great responses. The ticket for fall fishing is to hit them when they are feeding for the winter, which means they will usually hammer the baitfish and if you get there at the right time and place, you can catch a ton in a hurry. Now once the water temps drop down below 55 degrees, SLOW, SLOWER, and Just sit there and wait is about what usually works for me. The fish's metablolism slows way down, and thereby the fish don't eat near as much, so you have to put a bait right in front of them, with little or no effort for them to get it. Now this is for largemouths, as PNJ said usually the smallmouths are more active in colder water. I however have not really caught any smallmouths, so this is more of reading, I have done. So if you do have smallies in your area, I would try to target them more than Largemouths if I was you. I fish as long as my boat can get in the water, even used it as a icebreaker before, and I don't plan on catching much of anything, but I'm still going out Your expectations just need to be more in line with what the conditions you are fishing. But I will fish as often as I possibly can, and let them all call me insane, it's my passion, and I love it.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.