Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-06, 12:32 AM   #1
FishinBrotha
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 1st Outing of the year in the PNW.

Well, this is the first time I've fished this year, I'm new to bass as of late last year. It was raining consitently today but I made it out for about 45 minutes just tryin to get my line wet and mess around.

Fished from the bank, light drizzle air temp in the low 50's with some wind. I'm not sure on the water temp but it wasn't warm i can tell you that! I started off fishing a spinner for about 15 minutes to keep warm and moving, didn't get any hits or fish so I went to one of the few things I have used for bass and that's a pumpkin seed green senko.

First cast, didn't get any hits.

Second cast, I'm just letting it sit on bottom for about 3 seconds then pull up on the pole and let it settle back down to bottom reel and slack and go again. Presented it slow, got about halfway to shore and I noticed my line was starting to move and I already knew i was on bottom. I got most the slack out of the line and set the hook and fish on! Reeled it on in and it was a very decent fish for me.

I'm still trying to get the confidence in handling the bass by the lip, I didn't have my digital cam so I had to flip my phone open and try and take a snap pic with that. I also had the wind blowing and man it was just hard lol. I don't know how much it weighed, I'd say 2 lbs or so, it was good size with a decent belly, the pic doesn't really do it justice. If you enlarge it you can see the fish a bit more true.

There it is. Hook was in the bottom lip right in the middle and I got it out with no problem, hookset was a breeze. The fish look like something had stabbed it on the other side, I've seen pics with these kind of wounds before, I was wondering what they come from?

Have a good one guys.
FishinBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-06, 07:42 AM   #2
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

lipping it is better than holding it that way.stick your thumb in it's mouth and grab tight.hold it straight up and down so you put no strain on the jaw.if you want to hold it level then support it under the belly.nice fish you got there!!!
Old 04-17-06, 01:23 AM   #3
FishinBrotha
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
lipping it is better than holding it that way.stick your thumb in it's mouth and grab tight.hold it straight up and down so you put no strain on the jaw.if you want to hold it level then support it under the belly.nice fish you got there!!!
Yeah, I know lipping it is better it's just a hesitation I have to get over. I did end up lipping it before putting it back in the water, I guess the roughness of the bottom lip always throws me off but I'm getting better, maybe I'll buy a glove for it lol
FishinBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-06, 06:01 AM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

fishinbrotha,
half the fun of braggin rights the next day after a good catch is showin'
off that chewed up thumb to all yer buddies..they'll know.....rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-06, 11:25 AM   #5
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

Yeah Ive Been Bragging To All My Buddies Today Lol. Hey Look At My Thumb Is The Phrase Ive Prolly Said Most Today.
Old 04-19-06, 01:51 PM   #6
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

I like to use the "oh man, my wrist is so sore, from fighting all these toads"....and I'll say it with all sincerity and a huge smile on my face.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-06, 07:18 AM   #7
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinBrotha
Yeah, I know lipping it is better it's just a hesitation I have to get over. I did end up lipping it before putting it back in the water, I guess the roughness of the bottom lip always throws me off but I'm getting better, maybe I'll buy a glove for it lol
LMAO!!!! Just make sure its bass u trying to lip and not say walleye or pickerel. Not a pretty pic ifn you lip one of those toothy critters.
Old 04-20-06, 05:24 PM   #8
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

laser
aww come on lip him like a real man -were have i heard this phrase before?-lippem like ya got well never mind...

zooker
Old 04-21-06, 05:00 AM   #9
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Beleive me I have the afore mentioned material to lip em but not at the expense of loosing what I got. ROTFLMAO!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.