Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-12, 03:17 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default I need to make a statement!

We all have our political views and the debates have been entertaining and even some humor involved.
This brings me to my statement:

I do NOT approve of political jokes!
I've seen way to many of THEM get elected!
Old 07-30-12, 07:31 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Lets see, where is that "like" button?
Old 07-30-12, 07:36 PM   #3
skeeter1804
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You ain't kidding.
skeeter1804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 09:28 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lol..................now THAT'S funny.
Old 08-01-12, 09:12 PM   #5
INBoonville
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Yes please

I could really use one of those "easy" buttons.
INBoonville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-12, 10:07 PM   #6
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I hate humor - someone always suffers as the butt of a joke. Politicians suffer unmercifully, Blondes especially suffer, our poor Southern brothers (commonly referred to as rednecks), old people, those terribly long suffering Polocks, did I mention Jews, Catholics, oops almost forgot Gays as the butt of a joke. Irish drunks (well I guess all Irish men, at least, are drunks), fat people, stupid people. OMG, have you ever seen the people of Walmart photos - jokes? - those POOR PEOPLE. I hate jokes. Seems the unfortunate person that is the butt of the story, has to be different from the person telling it. The jokes about homeless people they are the worst. I hate jokes - they most always leave me with tears in my eyes.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 09:41 PM   #7
Z521Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

The diatribe that exists in the fast food thread exposes the self-aggrandizing bigots as they stand. After all, it's the willingness to accept our fellow human's differences that is the hallmark of being a man - not how he crosses his legs or the color of his shirts. It's intolerance that begets war and bullying.

I normally don’t respond to the “differences” post as they don’t bother me and they are more for the person’s ego posting them than the intended target. I will say I have received a few personal messages that I did not expect to receive. A few are kind words and pretty much say – hey I don’t agree with your lifestyle but I don’t need to in order to fish with you. Perfect. My friends that is the life I have lived my entire adult life as, however I did receive a few with the word “hate” in them about my lifestyle. (I am not talking about the ones that said they hate politics) To me if your not man enough to post that you hate me and everything I stand for in the forum for the world to see, then don’t send them to me in private. Next time, I will repost it for all of your yucks yucks to see. I posted this in this thread and I will not return to the other, it has become a self serving platform for tasteless jabs and jokes. Now that you all have had your fun can we return to fishing topics or maybe lets pick on the small minded large belly guys!

Thank you and this is absolutely the last time I will say anything on the subject. I belong to other forums fishing, cars, etc. and I am not sure why but I felt the need to respond to the PM’s here. I think because it is such a small group for so much to come out of it.

P.S. – I could give a crap less about spelling errors and grammar in a forum. If you want to take a shot at me, your going to need something better than that.
Z521Bass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.