Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-08, 06:53 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default 5 for 5

Todays fishing was during a cold front, temps dove 20 degrees and drizzled all day. Thanks to zookers advise on getting some bandit100 tenn shad, Denny and me love em!

Started out a LOT slower than we thought, no fish at all on the bank. Most were out in 7-9 feet of water.
First fish was a decent keeper on the bandit, the second fish was out really deep, I thought at first 3 lb or so, she came up and wallered around, then dove right for the timbers. This lake is up north by Grand Lake St. Marys, and north of us, so I figured the water is colder than at brookville, just dif conditions all together from last weeks 78 n sunny blue skies.
Just as this bass dove for the bush, I lost my footing and went in!
First time that has ever happend in 28 years of bass fishing. Got all my right side soaked, still had the bass on, and didnt want to loose a $250 dollar
rod n reel. Yelled to Denny to get the camera, he snapped these.
On his digital scales she went 5-11 lbs. We both got 5 bass apiece today.
All keepers over 14, not bad, but after 4 hours of fishing wet, the bite shut off, we headed home, just now getting warm.
Air temp 60, water temp low 50s. drizzle n very dark cloudy day.
Started the year off with a bang tho!

cold backside n jeans soaked , small price to pay for a nice day of fishin!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.