Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-06, 01:24 PM   #1
Deacon
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default For every action......

Im sure you would all agree with me for every action there is a opposite and equal reaction.

Last night there was a situation( I will not mention names) in the chatroom. I was called names and other very rude comments directed to me and another fellow who was there. I told the person that that wasnt cool to do. I dont know for sure if this person was the real person or under a assumed name acting as the real person. But that is besides the fact. I know that moderators got involved and the situtation did escalate. I wasnt happy at all at the decisions made. I feel that here in Bassfishin.com we treat each other with a certain amount of respect and expect a certain amount of respect in return.

With all that said I will be pulling out of the tournament. I will be also not donating my box of baits as well. For those who were expecting it I do apologize. I will not be apart of something that I feel allows this type of behavior to continue.

I do not know if it was actually this person or a person under a assumed name but as the title of this post states For every action..........

Last edited by Deacon; 12-24-06 at 01:30 PM.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-06, 01:48 PM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i agree with you deacon,i'm sorry to hear that you are dropping out of the tourney. i was about came in the chat room 30 minutes or so after that happened,so i wasnt there,or he would have had a piece of me. i feel that we do treat each other with respect and expect it in return,i agree with ya there. good fishin and happy holidays deacon! merry christmas!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-06, 02:10 PM   #3
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

You know its the same old story and has been for a few years on here.

We get kids on here who think they are something else. I guess they think they are the toughest men alive, or they try and make others believe it by throwing profanity and obsenities around with no effort or consideration.

The truth is most everyone on here has tested their limits at some point in time. And most everyone gets punched in the mouth a few times and learns to shut the F up with that he-man garbage.

On the internet maybe that process is slowed down a bit, but it doesn't matter. That kid is going to take his same invincible self image into the first bar that accepts his phoney id and he is going to spout off and then get wailed on. Or he is going to go to jail and get reamed. Perhaps it would be better if he just got smart and took the lesson now as a kick in the assor a smack to the face, rather than the other 2, more extreme outcomes. But if he doesn't, someone will make him sqeel like a pig sooner or later. But considering his fondess of a certain word, maybe thats what he likes?
Old 12-24-06, 02:15 PM   #4
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

agree 100 percent deacon. what that person did last night was uncalled for. whether it was "him" or wasnt "him", that was downright BAD! its fine wit hme if you want to back out and not give your stuff away.
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-06, 02:23 PM   #5
CAHughes
BassFishin.Com Member

i don't know what happened, but i have felt nothing but respect from each member that i have encountered. I feel that in order to be a member and to engage in chats and such a person should conduct themselves with a certain amount of maturity. but not all people understand or feel the same way..Deacon, i'd be doing the same if I were in your shoes...
CAHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-06, 04:17 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

deacon... i have no idea what was said lastnight or who said it but i want to say that i have read a lot of your posts and replies to other post's and i think you are a very intelligent guy and seem to be as nice as they come so don't let what some dumba$$ kid says get to ya. he was probably just mad because his mom dropped his allowance or maybe she wouldn't let him watch the blues clues or something.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-06, 04:29 PM   #7
Deacon

After consideration of different opinions(which I do value) I do stand by my decision.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-06, 06:39 PM   #8
pig n jig

Deacon, DI don't know what happened, but you will always have a friend in NY state.I have been meaning to ask you about Lucky craft traps.I bought 2 LVR D-15 baits on clearance sale at Bass pro shop for $6.99 .They are huge compared to anything else I have, but I think they still will work here on the East coast. I changed the hook out to Gamakatsu EWG hooks, which are not as heavy shanked as the original hooks, thought it might help hook up with a big smallmouth, if one was to hit it.Have you used these baits , or heard anything on how they work ? P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-06, 07:21 PM   #9
skeeter944

you will always have a friend in sc,too. merry christmas guys!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-06, 07:27 PM   #10
zooker

deacon is one of the nicest guys i know on this board. for some one to be this kind of jacka$$ is totally unacceptable...

zooker
Old 12-24-06, 09:57 PM   #11
weaverml34

Deacon,

Your not the only one who's gotten tired by the childish behavior some of these young bucks exhibit. When I first came on this site it was nothing but a bunch of good guys like Zooker, PNJ, Rebbasser, Lizards, and many others. There are only a handfull of those guys that still post here. Mostly the ones that I mentioned. The few young kids on here like Hula Popper were respectfull and added to the site.

I took about a year off from this site, and just recently started coming back on, because there was a huge influx of kids on this site who all thought they were going to be pro's but they couldn't put a coherent sentence together to save their lives. They started attacking the seasoned vets on this board and even though I don't remember ever being someone that was attacked I finally couldn't take it anymore.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are some really good guys on this board who have vasts amounts of knowledge and are extemely helpfull. There is always going to be a handfull of know it all teenagers on here that are going to thump their chests by going after some of the older guys. What it comes down to is if the positives that this site has to offer outweigh the negatives. If they do keep hanging out. If not, take a break like I did. Sooner or later the dust will settle and this site will be fun again.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-06, 10:23 PM   #12
zooker

having been here as long as i have. i know strap speaks the truth.. there is times -mostly right after school lets out-that this site gets a case of plum stupid..

when it does alot of us drift off to other sites not so full of young want to be's who have no clue.. we may be around but lurking as my good friend jackl does most of the time.. -hi jackl..-

zooker
Old 12-25-06, 11:35 PM   #13
Rebbasser

Guys, there is a simple solution. It is called Ignore-I think the chatroom has it and I know the regular forum does. Don't let a couple of idiots get under your skin-they aren't worth it.
Old 12-25-06, 11:55 PM   #14
FlyRod

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
Guys, there is a simple solution. It is called Ignore-I think the chatroom has it and I know the regular forum does. Don't let a couple of idiots get under your skin-they aren't worth it.

Ahhhhh..."Ignore", a grand device. I use it HERE, as my friend Reb will attest...though not on him (he owns the boat)

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-06, 12:16 AM   #15
Rebbasser

And don't you forget it !
Old 12-26-06, 08:24 AM   #16
zooker

lol

zooker
Old 12-27-06, 07:51 PM   #17
lizardsrule

Deacon,

Well Bro I've been outa town, with very minimal internet acces for a few days. I have no idea who said what , but I'm sure it was just someone speaking with the #2 hole. You know that we respect you, and will always show the respect, except a little joking once in awhile rotfl. I asked a few guys several times how they put up with the crap. They pretty much stated ignore it(Rebasser being one of them). It's awful hard for me to ignore some of the stuff, and of course I sure don't know much, but I do know that half the folks on here couldn't carry your worm bag. So your decision in no way affects what I think of you. Keep on fishing, and keep showing those HAWG's There isn't any response they have to that other than well mine got away and he was 22 lbs. I hope you realize how much some of us appreciate you and your posts.

Lizards

Last edited by lizardsrule; 12-27-06 at 08:29 PM.
lizardsrule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.