Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-11, 05:58 PM   #1
Champion5
BassFishin.Com Member

Question Newb Here 1st question

Hello all! I have been visiting your forum for awhile now and have learned a ton about fishing. I am a newb so there was no reason to sign up and participate in discussion since I am just reading and learning. I do have a question now and will take any help I can get. I just booked a slip at my local marina all summer long. I have a 2007 Champion 183CX and it's new home will be at the dock, in the water. I plan to take her out every couple weeks and give her a good cleaning. My question is, is there anything I need to upgrade or add to my boat that would be required to leave it wet docked all summer. I don't think this is very common for a bass boat, but getting it to and from the dock every time I want to go fish is a big pain. I talked with a couple boat shop owners and they only really recommended anti-fowling paint on the bottom. They also said if I can get her up to speed (over 50-60mph) once a week it would clean off the bottom. My main concern is I have a plastic drain plug that screws in and if water would get in the boat I do not have an auto turn on bilge. Any help would be awesome. I also want to that everyone on here for all the great info I've taken from this sight over the last several months.
Champion5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.