Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-11, 05:03 PM   #1
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default you got it!!

A foggy predawn morning on a hilly winding two lane rural Georgia road. I hook up the boat and head south towards a lake owned by a large paper mill. The lake is thirty miles ahead and I've got to make up some time, unfortunately there's a fully loaded log truck ahead of me that can't break 45...the fog is thick and I'm looking at 30 miles of double yellow lines anyway. Over and over again I ease my old 69 chevy c-10 over looking for that magic passing opportunity....nothing but another hill and more fog. Then as I'm hanging my head out the window to curse the fog and logs and paper and everything in the darkness I can see the driver frantically waiving me around!!! I figure Great he must be a fisherman too and can see far ahead from his vantage point. So in a burst of excitement and blind trust I gear down v floor it and pull out!! Free at last!! Free at last!! Just as I pull even with the cab to give him the "thanks ol buddy" wave I see (to my horror) that what I thought was his frantic arm waiving me around was just a piece of pinebark flopping in the wind Our eyes met in what can only be described as OMG OMG OMG. At that moment we both look ahead and barreling our way is an empty logger coming at us like a bat out of H***. The trucker on the right locks breaks jerks his rig to the shoulder and starts clipping mailboxes while the oncoming trucker jerks his rig to his right and begins to clip all the boxes on his side.
I manage to squeeze through the middle unscathed.( Think the John Candy scene in planes trains automobiles) There are many morals to this story but here's a couple #1 never trust a truckers hand signals and #2 always have some toilet paper in the glove box.
Old 11-22-11, 07:45 PM   #2
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Great story. Kind of miss John Candy.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 07:51 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

man...........also make sure oyu have on yer brown pants.
Old 11-22-11, 08:30 PM   #4
coldbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

It reminds me of the time I was out hunting/fishing on a beautiful fall day. Just my luck i spot a nice buck up ahead by the waters edge, I get close enough an let fly with my 308semi auto. Down goes Buck.We go to retrieve and we have to work like dog to pull it up out of water. Low and behold as we get it out of the water 8 walleye hanging off of the horns. Wow a limit of fish and a boone and crocket buck all from one shot.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.