Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-05, 06:05 PM   #1
Spandextros
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Oregon Bass Lakes and catch and release

Lately it has become harder and harder to catch good bass in Oregon, and now that fern ridge is closed does anyone know any good bass spots in Oregon that are close to Eugene? Too many people in Oregon are keeping bass . Three days ago I saw a guy kill a four pound bass and throw it in the bushes for raccons to eat! This is not an isolated event either, in the last month I have found a number of dead fish around my local fishing holes. If I should encounter another of these people what would be an appropriate responce. With this guy I was able to stay calm and get him to start doing catch and release (at least he said he would). My current policy is 100% catch and release but I do not mind if someone keeps a fish or two every once in a while. So I have asked a number of questions and look forward to hearing back.
Spandextros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-05, 07:23 PM   #2
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

My local pond (13-15 acres) which has produced so many nice fish over the years is on the decline and I think at least part of the reason is people keeping fish. It bothers the hell out of me even though it's legal.

As to the fish thrown on the bank, first check the regulations. Even though I'm in NY, I just had reason to read the Minnesota rules and it's illegal there to waste a fish like that.

If it's illegal, you might want to report him. Otherwise you might want to ask him why he's doing that. However, in-the-field confrontations can be pretty dangerous these days. With people getting killed over sneakers and I-Pods, you never know what might happen.

Good luck and be careful.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-05, 10:20 PM   #3
boisebassin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Its getting the same way here in idaho, it seems everyone thinks its funny to kill bass, but with me being a conservation officer, if I see them do this, I give them a nice fat ticket and take away there tackle and rods
boisebassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-05, 01:43 PM   #4
Spandextros
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah, we need more officers where I fish... I have never seen anyone checking tags where I fish in 8 years

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.