Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-07, 08:31 AM   #1
Gunny BBS
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 3 Days chasing Toads in California!!

Well last week I had to go to California for training for 4 days, so I left early and fished for 3 days with my 2 best friends. Now if you guys have not chucked a 4oz BBZ-1 swimbait for 3 day solid, don't!! My left arm was about to fall off!!! Didn't catch any on the big bait, but man we had some TOADS follow it!! I had one fish we believed well over 15lbs follow it on 3 different occassions but would not eat it!! Still was fun to see those big fish following the bait, I can't recall how many 10+ fish we saw but never got a single one to commit. Still caught a few solid fish on jigs, but nothing to brag about, will except the temp it was in the 80's last week!!
PRO's Soft~Bait Glue
Cooks Go to Tackle Systems
HeavyCover.com
Gary Yamamoto Cust Baits

Gunny BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 07:41 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Glad you got to fish with your buddies, Gunny. Fishin' buddies are the best kind. I haven't chunked one that big, but I have thrown some 2-3 oz. They will definitely wear you out!
Old 11-21-07, 11:32 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Yeah... I've personally never thrown anything near that big for bass, but Musky fishing is another story. Spent almost all day casting lures 1 to 5-1/2 oz. We saw one lure at the store called "The Pounder" It was huge! Imaging throwing a lure that weighed a pound all day long... I was definately glad went we starting trolling.

That BBZ swimbait is bigger than most of the bass I catch up here, especially out of my pond. Oh well.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.