Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-11, 02:47 PM   #1
flukefreak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Question for pro reel

i have a ambassadeour 2500 c reel that is making a"zing" noise (for lack of a better description) when i throw it.i was wondering if you could either tell me what could be wrong (what to look at first ) or should i have someone like yourself look at it . I really like the reel and don't want to retire it just yet and if you would be interested in repairing it I would love to send it to you to have it repaired. please let me know if it is worth the time or should i just put it away and use my others . thanks
flukefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 02:54 PM   #2
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

the spool bearings are either dry or worn out. I can tune it for you and make it better than new, but I'm full up until after May 7th. You could try to put some oil on the bearings. Depress the thumbar or lever. Then unscrew the knurled thumb screws on the right side cover. Now lift the side cover off. You can then pull the spool out. There is a plastic gear on one end, just pop that loose and that bearing will come out. Put a drop or two of reel oil on the gap between the side and inner ring, then put it back and snap the gear in place. The other side of spool has the brakes held on by a wire ring, hook the ring and lift it up, then remove the brakes and that bearing is in that side. There is a curved brass washer under that bearing. oil that bearing and put the brakes and ring back on. Put the spool back in and place the side cover/gear box back. You may need to wiggle it to get it to snap in place with the gears aligned. Tighten the thumb screws then crank the reel to engage the spool. That might fix it until I can get to it for a full clean and tune.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 03:10 PM   #3
flukefreak
BassFishin.Com Member

ok thanks for the info I'll give that a try and see what happens.Ifthat doesn't help I'll just send it to you and have you go thru it and tune it up for me .I'll send it out and you can just fix it when you get to it no rush, thanks again
flukefreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.