Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-12, 08:43 PM   #1
fishingprodigy
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Critique my tournament plan for sunday

Hey guys, I'll be fishing my fourth tournament as a co-angler on Sunday at the Northeast River in North East Maryland. I've done okay in my last three tournaments but I really want to try to earn a check in my next one. I know it's possible because another co-angler has won two tournaments and received a check for big bass in the last tournament I was entered in.

Anyways, the water temp is 76 right now, but I expect the water to rise to as high as 80 by Sunday with the incoming heat wave, the high tomorrow is expected to be over 100. We launch at 5:45 am, and I expect my boater to either fish the docks 100 yards from the marina, or take us to a grassy flat in which case we'd probably fish the weedline. If we start at the docks, I plan to fish a drop-shot right up against the posts, and if we fish the weedline, I'll be starting with either a quarter ounce popper or a zara spook type bait.

Once the sun starts coming up, I am almost certain we'll be fishing an area with weeds. If the area is choked, I'll start with a frog over the weeds then proceed to pitching a beaver style bait pegged with an appropriate weight.

Let me know what you guys think of my plan, I would love to earn my first check ever in a tournament!
fishingprodigy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.