Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-10, 04:21 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Anyone get the 2011 BPS master catalog?

Has anyone else gotta one of these yet? I got mine today and after paging though it I'm thoroughly impressed by some of the stuff BPS upgraded, and introduced!

What are y'alls thoughts? I think the new carbon thing is really gonna take off for them, and with the cheaper prices it's bound to happen! More companies will start to catch on pretty soon! I really like that the carbonlite micro is the same price as the other carbonlite.

And did anyone else notice the upgrade to the vendetta?
Old 12-30-10, 05:32 PM   #2
boloson
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i got one. wasnt paying attention to all the new stuff but was just dazzeled by all the colors of the lures & rods & reels
boloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 05:40 PM   #3
bamabassman

hahaha boloson......i have mine too. it is pretty with all the new shiny stuff in it ain't it? my question is why wait till AFTER christmas? hhhhmmmmmmm, me thinks monkey has a thing to do with this logic.
Old 12-30-10, 05:46 PM   #4
Imgoodatwhatido

wish mine would hurry up an get here. but if you didnt know, you can view the entire catalog online..page by page
Imgoodatwhatido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 06:01 PM   #5
Marc David

Got mine in the other day. A lot of improvements and color choices.

I'd like to look through a real old catalog to remember how simple our tackle used to be.
Marc David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 06:02 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=26162

And what exactly do you mean by "upgrade to the vendetta?"

BB
Old 12-30-10, 06:33 PM   #7
boloson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
hahaha boloson......i have mine too. it is pretty with all the new shiny stuff in it ain't it? my question is why wait till AFTER christmas? hhhhmmmmmmm, me thinks monkey has a thing to do with this logic.
what's this monkey everyone keeps talking about ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=26162

And what exactly do you mean by "upgrade to the vendetta?"

BB
talking about the veritas perhaps?
Old 12-30-10, 06:42 PM   #8
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by boloson View Post
The baitmonkey. He is what makes us buy fishing tackle uncontrollably. A very dangerous creature, so beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boloson
talking about the veritas perhaps?
I was thinking that, or the Verdict. I was wondering if he meant a rod higher up in the line up than the Vendetta or an actual change to the vendetta.

BB
Old 12-30-10, 07:47 PM   #9
boloson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
The baitmonkey. He is what makes us buy fishing tackle uncontrollably. A very dangerous creature, so beware!

BB
too late. i think king kong went through my wallet just during the holidays. i cant imagine what he'll do come spring time
Old 12-30-10, 08:39 PM   #10
WTL

Having defeated the monkey in hand to hand combat earlier this year, I am unconcerned about the catalog.
Old 12-30-10, 08:56 PM   #11
keithdog

Got mine yesterday. I'm very impressed with the changes in the BPS reels. I was hoping to see a lot more of the newer lures hitting the market this year. But overall, it gives me something to look at while it's snowing outside.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 09:25 PM   #12
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
too late. i think king kong went through my wallet just during the holidays. i cant imagine what he'll do come spring time
We don't imagine--we know
Old 12-30-10, 09:55 PM   #13
bamabassman

yeah boloson, bait monkey, boat monkey and then the RV GORILLA. they will all hit you before it is over with.

like lash said.......we know already, hahahahahahahaha!!!! and we don't care......that is where the problem lies in truth.
Old 12-31-10, 05:54 AM   #14
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I got mine today and didn't make it past the reels section. I was stuck on the Johhny Morris signature reel. What the heck happened to the JM Gold. This seems to be the JM gold in black carbon color, but with a few changes. It now has a cool carbon handle. I will need to get a price on that handle soon as it would fit anything except a Shimano and would make a nice upgrade for some reels. I wonder if it's cheaper than the carbon handle of the carbon light, it has a simple ribbed knob where the carbon light has a bit fancier knob. they did away with the german bearings the gold had and went with premium jap bearings. The frame and sideplates look to be the exact same as the JM gold, just in black. The weights and capacities are all exactly the same as the Jm gold from last year, and they are still claiming that the 09 outdoor life award applies to this reel. What I have yet to figure out is why it still weighs exactly the same when this new version has a carbon handle?????? You still get a nice padded reel case with the reel, and hey, the reel is $10.00 cheaper this year. I see it no longer comes with a spare set of eva grips, maybe that why it's 10 bucks cheaper. I still am not sure what all has changed from the Gold to this reel, but it looks to be one heck of a good reel at a great price. Now I also noticed that the Johhny Morris silver signature reel is gone. That was the $119 reel in the2010 catalog. I'm very glad to see this, I don't like that reel, the handle system was junk.It seems to maybe have been replaced with the $129 carbon black reel????? I really think this looks like the same frame of the JM silver, but with a carbon fiber handle that is held on by a nut instead of the junky screw on handle. I still think the the Bass caster might be a much better reel for $30 more, but this is a major improvment. Not sure what I think about this Enigma, where the heck did that come from?? What the heck is this 12 pin smart cast brake system. They say this reel is almost imposible to backlash. I don't know, I know I prefer the proven dual brakes combo of mags and pins, but this thing uses all pins to control the beginning and the end. all the pins are thrown out at high speed, half of them rub the drum during the first part of the cast, the other half are spring loaded and close when the spool slows, they contact an inner ring to slow the spool at the end of the cast, thats normally where you would get the most benefit from mags. Interesting. Now, what are they gonna do with the leftover reels from last yaer that are not in here anymore? Is there going to be a fire sale on JM Gold reels? Look out guys, if those are going to be liqiudated on the cheap they will be gone in a flash.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 06:59 AM   #15
bassboogieman

BPS Christmas sale catalog has the JM Gold listed @ $130, I think the clearance has started.http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...cmCat=10015250
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 08:46 AM   #16
MikeS.
BassFishin.Com Member

Got mine and my wife was like don't even think about ordering anything lol. I just bought a bunch o stuff at BPS Last week
MikeS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 11:05 AM   #17
BigBassin144

I was actually kind of disappointed in the new BPS reels. I was hoping for a change in the body, something more like the Pflueger Patriarch. Instead, it seems they kept the big frame of the old JM Sig and ported the front under the line guide to make it look a bit better... I think the weird knobs was a bad move and may deter people. Those reel grips reels to be a love em or hate em kind of thing, so making them permanent may turn out to be a bad choice. At least they stopped making half their reels gold, lol.

On a side note, the only thing that's an enigma about they're new Enigma casting reel is why they made it so ugly!

some of the new BPS rods don't look bad, but I'd still have a hard time straying from the rods I'm using and loving now.

I was also hoping for a LH Pflueger Patriarch XT, but no go there I guess...

BB
Old 12-31-10, 11:55 AM   #18
keithdog

I'm suprised to see the Nitro series of reels and rods was missing. Wasn't that their answer to heavy duty bass fishing just a couple years ago? Seems odd to me they would drop that line already. Also, I see the Rick Clunn reels are gone. That doesn't suprise me though. I didn't understand why they had them in the first place when they offered the Pro Qualifier reels which were pretty much in the same catagory price wise. I have a couple RC reels though and like them a lot. But after getting my first PQ reel, I like it even better.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 12:46 PM   #19
Tavery5

Quote:
Never make these kind of statements out loud, it will bring you 7 years of bad monkey luck.....
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 02:10 PM   #20
mike234

Received mine yesterday(12-30-10) and I am trying to stay way from it for as soon as I open it the bait monkey will have me and I will probably spend more than I can afford.
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 03:10 PM   #21
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

The new BPS reels look awesome to me! I'm very excited that they have them ALL in Lefty this year!

May be time to retire some oldies and upgrade!
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 03:14 PM   #22
ted4800
BassFishin.Com Member

Got mine this week and so far have reisted looking at it but I can hear the Bait monkey calling from inside the catolog **LOL**
ted4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 03:27 PM   #23
boloson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
yeah boloson, bait monkey, boat monkey and then the RV GORILLA. they will all hit you before it is over with.

like lash said.......we know already, hahahahahahahaha!!!! and we don't care......that is where the problem lies in truth.
well the bait monkey already got me & the boat monkey has been on my shoulders for 1 year now & i was thinking more in the lines of a "house on the lake" gorilla instead of an RV gorilla?
Old 01-01-11, 10:34 AM   #24
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I gots mine too. I am just waiting on my gift cards I ordered the other day with my sky miles to start doing some damage. I am predicting a slow fight with a TKO in about the 8th round. In other words, it should take me about a week to finally decide what I want and place the order.
Old 01-01-11, 10:53 AM   #25
bamabassman

OOOOOHHHHH BOLOSON...................THROW UP YER HANDS AND WAVE A WHITE FLAG MAN..............YOU ARE HOOKED!!!BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! welcome to OUR house. hahaha!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.