Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-11, 09:53 PM   #26
flukefreak
BassFishin.Com Member

Ok lebron check out lake Horton it is the fayette co. trservoir on hwy 92 just across the spalding co. line you can see it from 92 but have to go to woolsey and turn to the left at the chevron station access is down that road i hear you got to pay to park now but i haven't tried it in a few yrs so i'm not sure .You also need to look at lake meriwether in woodbury and still branch in Molena .I fish Still Branch almost every weekend and while you may not catch a lot of quality fish you can sure catch quantity.although last weekend i witnessed a 9lb 7 oz bass caught and heard from the local convieniece store clerk a 17 lb bass came out of the same lake the day before ,now the 17 lber sounds far fetched to me because the lake is only a few yrs old but the bass are florida strain so i guess it is possible .Give these places a try and let me know how ya do,by the way all these lakes allow boats but are restricted to electric motors only good luck brother
flukefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 07:32 AM   #27
LeBron_Hill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

That is my big question. These lakes that only allow electric motors. My boat has your regular outboard engine on it. Can I still take my boat out on it as long as I dont use the outboard engine or is it limited to only boat without outboard engines period?
LeBron_Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 10:43 AM   #28
sikwitit
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukefreak View Post
Ok lebron check out lake Horton it is the fayette co. trservoir on hwy 92 just across the spalding co. line you can see it from 92 but have to go to woolsey and turn to the left at the chevron station access is down that road i hear you got to pay to park now but i haven't tried it in a few yrs so i'm not sure .You also need to look at lake meriwether in woodbury and still branch in Molena .I fish Still Branch almost every weekend and while you may not catch a lot of quality fish you can sure catch quantity.although last weekend i witnessed a 9lb 7 oz bass caught and heard from the local convieniece store clerk a 17 lb bass came out of the same lake the day before ,now the 17 lber sounds far fetched to me because the lake is only a few yrs old but the bass are florida strain so i guess it is possible .Give these places a try and let me know how ya do,by the way all these lakes allow boats but are restricted to electric motors only good luck brother
how do you get to Still Branch? I wanna check it out. do u have to pay?
sikwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 09:22 PM   #29
flukefreak
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwitit View Post
how do you get to Still Branch? I wanna check it out. do u have to pay?
well you cain't git there from where you are lol
Old 04-04-11, 09:25 PM   #30
flukefreak
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron_Hill View Post
That is my big question. These lakes that only allow electric motors. My boat has your regular outboard engine on it. Can I still take my boat out on it as long as I dont use the outboard engine or is it limited to only boat without outboard engines period?
you can use a boat with an outboard but you can't put the motor in the water .Only use the trolling motorand you are fine
Old 04-05-11, 07:54 AM   #31
sikwitit
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukefreak View Post
well you cain't git there from where you are lol
so where is it?
Old 04-05-11, 08:30 PM   #32
flukefreak
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwitit View Post
so where is it?
molena
off hwy 18 , 3 dollars to park only open thus - sun 7 to 7
Old 04-05-11, 10:59 PM   #33
sikwitit
BassFishin.Com Member

oh ok. i ll check it out. thnx.
Old 04-06-11, 07:24 AM   #34
jjjbluray
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm thinking about checking out this one in Molena this Sunday. I will let you know how it turns out.
Lake Horton is kinda tough from the banks. The lake is real shallow and it's hard to pull in anything but weeds. If you can hoof it over to the red house on the other side you can catch a bass or two there. Of course I am boatless so my info is beneath most of you lol
jjjbluray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 09:25 PM   #35
flukefreak
BassFishin.Com Member

jj not much bank fishin from this lake to be found only about 110 yds of shoreline to be fished from land but still worth a shot good luck
Old 04-07-11, 08:15 PM   #36
LeBron_Hill

so for someone with a boat...which one would be the best to try, where exactly should I put in at, and any specific landmarks on the lake that I should look for to catch more fish?
Old 04-07-11, 08:47 PM   #37
flukefreak
BassFishin.Com Member

only one ramp off 18 hwy. put in hit the right side of the lake,go all the way down til the lake makes a hard right fish all back uip in there holds alot of good fish around small island
Old 04-11-11, 09:04 PM   #38
crowedog
BassFishin.Com Member

Get used to losing lure's. I know it hurt's but that's how it is. I would try getting a book by KEVIN VANDAM called bass strategies its a good book with lot's of info it wil help you quite a bit. Other than that retrieve speed and lure movement and color all play a role. So mix it up the best you can, you'll get it. It will just take practice. Enjoy the hunt and have fun trying. GOOD LUCK
crowedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 07:46 PM   #39
LeBron_Hill

Im heading to Lake Horton on Sunday...anyone got any recommendations for certain areas/lures on the lake? Looking at google earth, I only see one boat ramp and it looks like you turn right off of Antioch road...im gonna give it a try anyways.
Old 04-16-11, 10:10 PM   #40
M_A_C_K

I think we overwhelmed you with starting out options thats why i told ya to just rig an 1/8th oz jig with a berkley powerworm (black/purple)... that's what i always start my friends on so their first experience fishing with me is a decent one.

Last edited by M_A_C_K; 04-17-11 at 07:51 PM.
M_A_C_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 06:03 PM   #41
LeBron_Hill

well tried my luck on Horton today...not good...didnt catch a bass at all....BUT I did catch a pickerel on a shallow crankbait and also caught about a 7 lb carp on bed...first one I have ever saw hit a crankbait...lol. Saw a couple bass on bed and actually got one to pick up my lure for a split second but missed her...had a good time anyways.
Old 04-26-11, 11:10 PM   #42
roanokejim
BassFishin.Com Member

Hi smittyman. I am not Lebron but I am also looking for that Griffin. Thanks for the information.
roanokejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 02:07 PM   #43
Krege03
BassFishin.Com Member

I think everyone will agree, The most important thing is to have fun! Even at a tournament level having fun is what it's all about. Learning each body of water and true feeding or just reaction bites are half the battle. Just don't give up!
Krege03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.