Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-06, 07:34 PM   #1
klb976
BassFishin.Com Member

Question Stratos boats

I am looking at buying new Stratos bass boat. I need some real and honest answers from other people than the dealer. Are these boats a good buy? How is the construction of these boats? What type of resin is used during construction? Any wood used in the construction and if so was it pressure treated before it was encapsulated in the fiberglass? How solid is the hull?

klb976
klb976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-06, 07:57 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

stratos owner here...
stratos are an all composit hull - no wood whats so ever- the hulls are great very comparitable to a skeeter or a basscat.. i do not know what type of resin they use in it. they are as good as many higher priced boats on the market. the ride is better than some the bigger boats definatly handle rough water with ease..
how strong? well i got set up on top of a dock from a ski boat wave. i was standing oin the front of the boat the moter was completely out of the water. it had no ill effect on the hull other than the gouges left in the gel coat from the dock.

now for the bad
they will NOT break a speed record.the spare tire locking stud bolt is very poorly designed. add a chunk of lockable cable and lock..

as for a good dealer
c&o in white bluff tn
david fritts outdoors-lexinton nc
graham marine-durham nc
and those are just a few off the top of my head..

zooker
Old 12-22-06, 05:13 PM   #3
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Not a stratos owner but I definatley agree with zooker. They are without a doubt one of the finest ALL composite asssembly line boats out there. They ride VERY well have little to no problems other than the smaller rigs are rated for to little of horsepower but thats stratos. They hold up VERY well. I have fished outta quite a few the lateest being a 21ftr that I was having a ball piloting. That 225E-TEC wasnt my brand of motor but I was pleased with its performance none the less. Good holeshot and handling like she was on rails. To sum it up ifn I was in the market I would buy and never look back.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.