Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-10, 11:13 PM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Whats up with this stern light?

We took the new bass tracker out on the water for a couple of hours this evening just to try and get a feel for it.....We loaded most of our gear, but we didn't do any fishing....We just did some running around to get a feel for the boat, and for a bit of motor break in time....playin with the tilt and trim and trying to get a feel for the new foot control trollin motor....stuff like that.

When we plugged in the bow and stern lights to make sure they both worked, we were both blown away at the length of the stern light.....Is this silly thing really suppose to be this long?? Heck its so long it won't fit in any of the storage boxes and was stored in one of the rod holder tubes, so we're hoping its a mistake and not really for our model boat....What do you guys think?

Doesn't the light just need to be above the motor a little?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stern-light.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	5052  
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 02:04 AM   #2
66KingFisher

After I posted this question I got to looking around, and ended up at the Arkansas fish and game website, and found their rules concerning lighting on boats, and from what I read the white stern light must be 3.3ft above the red/green bow light.....So I need to do some measuring, but I'm betting I can cut a foot or so off that flagpole, and make it alot easier to store....lol.
Old 04-29-10, 03:40 AM   #3
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

Not only that but if your fishin a night tourney its meant to act as a skeeter attractor.
Old 04-29-10, 07:22 AM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

don't wack the flag pole. mine was a obseenly long also.it was till it met a commerant at wot..

zooker
Old 04-29-10, 07:40 AM   #5
MIbasser

I'm working on my second pole... if you have to duck on the front deck, the light will hit the bridge you just ducked under!! I found out the hard way.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 12:11 PM   #6
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I have an all around light post mounted on my cowl that is sold here at walmart, it has a hinge at the bottom so that you can deploy it flat out of the way. My motor is jacked up so high when you add the 20" of the pole it puts the light very high and universally visable.

It looks like this (I'm not sure you want to deviate from stock on such a purty new boat, but iI wanted to show you the option)

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...=FROOGLE_73321
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 02:15 PM   #7
66KingFisher

I think eventually we'll purchase a light with a shorter pole now that I know what Arkansas boating laws say about it. But for now we are seldom if ever on the water after dark so were not gonna worry about it too much. I managed to store it behind the seats for now, even though its in the way when you want to get to the storage beneath the seat. At least its not taking up a spot on the rod holder...lol.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.