Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-09, 12:23 PM   #26
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
So then would it be safe to say that we should expect to find mid-spawn conditions during the middle of the month of May?

~Woody
When I was there back in 05 the fish were in transition. Most had spawned and were moving back to deep water. Some were still spawning though. (I did catch a 4.75 lb spawner on a spinnerbait off of a dock). You could catch them on just about any pattern. From what I heard though... the winners of the tourney caught them on ledges. We caught them both deep and shallow. Best lure for us was....
Old 01-15-09, 01:02 PM   #27
everettvet

Kentucky and Barkley will be a happening area that time of year. The FLW stren series will have just left and the FLW tour and BASS Elilte Series will be arriving in June. Right now it is 14 degrees with a windchill of 4 degrees in the area and is hard to imagine May temps.

Kentucky lake is a sad and depressing place right now as we lost 3 young men to a boat accident while duck hunting on the lake a few days ago. Two of the young men have not been found yet. I don't know any of them or their families but I can't imagine the loss of a child! Please keep their families in your thoughts and prayers!! Be safe! There is not a fish or duck worth your life!
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 01:07 PM   #28
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I hear ya BassAddict, from what I've seen so far those ledges sure do look good!
Thanks

~Woody
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 02:05 PM   #29
BassAddict

We caught a lot of fish on a tube rigged on a 1/4 oz. jig head. We found a few offshore humps (1 in KY Lake and 1 in Barkely) that did good for us. The humps topped off at about 16' and dropped to 28'. There was some brush on them and we caught our fish on the tubes in both areas. Barkely's hump had smallmouth on it. We caught all 3 species of bass on the tubes as well as drum and a bunch of sauger. Even caught a crappie. I wouldn't go down there without a tube tied on. You WILL catch fish on them there. We also caught good fish on jigs and cranks too. A spinnerbait on wind blown points will get you a quick limit as well! Did I mention topwater????

Hope you guys have a great time. Wish I could go!
Old 01-15-09, 03:18 PM   #30
woody

I just read your post Everettvet, that is sad, sorry to hear about those young men.

~Woody
Old 01-15-09, 03:28 PM   #31
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default I'm in Baby, I'm In!

We just got booked at the campsite in 22EW, heres a map , its on the waterfront, everyone come on down!
Shannon at big bear said several others have reservations and asked if this was the bassfishin.com group..LOL
The KY license for a week is 30 bucks
camping is 31 a day for electric and water on waterfront lots
you can pay 10 bucks a day for license if you want to go that route

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 01:37 PM   #32
bamabassman

parties at jb's!!!!! right on the water huh? man wish i could have enough money to bring the camper. would have tried to get right next to ya jb.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 04:05 PM   #33
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
parties at jb's!!!!! right on the water huh? man wish i could have enough money to bring the camper. would have tried to get right next to ya jb.
I heard that!!! And its probably a good thing that we are towards the back of the lot!LOL

~Woody
Old 01-17-09, 06:04 PM   #34
bcklash

What are you trying to say Woody?
Old 01-17-09, 09:30 PM   #35
zooker

are you claiming you make alot of err noise there woodrow??

zooker
Old 01-17-09, 11:01 PM   #36
woody

No, actually I'm kinda laid back...

Oh, it was just a figure of speech about all of us getting together and having a GOOD TIME!

~Woody
Old 01-17-09, 11:22 PM   #37
bamabassman

OH WOODY, DON'T SAY THAT PAL! yes,yes, yes, we ARE going to have a good time. probably get loud too. have everyone at the place wondering just what is so funny and interesting that they will come over. wel maybe not everyone, but there will be a few come around. we had a few at last years, mariner was right next to us, he joined and there were a few others too. heck, we had a wedding on the other side of us. and woody.....you'll get wound up i am thinking,hehehehehe.
Old 01-17-09, 11:37 PM   #38
zooker

bama from what i am hearing alot of those guys in that campground will be members from here..

still awaiting on a conformation from a certain SOMEBODY...jb you heard from you know WHO yet?? cause i have not..

zooker
Old 01-18-09, 01:07 AM   #39
Kentucky Basser
BassFishin.Com Member

Dont know if I will be able to make that one due to not quite having a good boat for getting out on the main lake with. Also don't have quite the tackle for the lake due to just moving from Florida back to Kentucky. Most of my rigging is set up for the murky Fl waters. What date is everyone going to be around?
Kentucky Basser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 01:10 AM   #40
bcklash

Welcome--May 15-16 come on and join in the fun.
Old 01-18-09, 01:29 AM   #41
bamabassman

we'll find a boat fer ya pal, just grab the wife and kids (ifn ya got em). and come on over, there will be enough folks to help ya out on the lures too.
Old 01-18-09, 09:03 AM   #42
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky Basser View Post
Dont know if I will be able to make that one due to not quite having a good boat for getting out on the main lake with. Also don't have quite the tackle for the lake due to just moving from Florida back to Kentucky. Most of my rigging is set up for the murky Fl waters. What date is everyone going to be around?
just show up dude, i would not worry about tryin to get to the main lake.. the shin dig is in bear creek which is like 2 miles long and 1/2 a mile wide..with piles of rip rap....i am goin to be using my 16 foot stratos. and likely -knowing my taste- will be out on the main lake...

zooker
Old 01-18-09, 10:07 AM   #43
woody

I've got room for one more on my boat, most of us will have room onboard for a co-angler.
FYI-to whoever rides with me, I do like to go fast and sometimes it can get alittle bumpy so just make sure you hold on tight!

~Woody
Old 01-18-09, 10:35 AM   #44
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
I've got room for one more on my boat, most of us will have room onboard for a co-angler.
FYI-to whoever rides with me, I do like to go fast and sometimes it can get alittle bumpy so just make sure you hold on tight!

~Woody
thats fer sure LOL , not so bumpy tho, but he does have a lead foot god love him
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 11:02 AM   #45
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Wow

I'm sorry to hear about the hunter's, man that's sad. God be with them.
I seen where bassmaster will be coming in right after us too, that's cool.
I haven't seen the FLW date?.
I don't think it will get too crazy at the campground, cause I know everyone will be fishing there marbles off, I know JB and I will get
there sometime about noon on Thursday, set up camp like were at gun point..LOL and were on the water. The biggest bass I have ever caught is 4lb. and that needs to change. I'm hoping that will change before I get down there, the wife,our dog and myself are planning a trip to Percy Preist lake in Tenn. in April and there are some monster's in there so I'll do my best Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 11:05 AM   #46
Fishing Fanatic

Sure wish I could make it to meet some of you guys. I have a tournament the week before so no way for me to go this year. Maybe we can do one in Georgia sometime.
Fishing Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 11:56 AM   #47
bamabassman

fanatic...HOST NEXT YEARS. OK? WE WANT TO HAVE THIS EACH AND EVERY YEAR AT A DIFFERENT PLACE. so get things started on the next one pal.
Old 01-18-09, 11:56 AM   #48
bamabassman

heck we can have one there in the fall.
Old 01-19-09, 09:49 AM   #49
barkelypup

Guys,
Google Dave Stewart. He is a guide on the big lakes and his fishing report is dead on. He is the Yoda of those 2 TVA impoundments. He is a mod on another sight and one heck of a nice guy. If any of you want the address pm me and I'll shoot it to you. I wish I could come. I used to live in that area and I would make sure to get plenty of 7" Berkley Power Worms in Pumpkin seed and just about any type of lipless crank. 90% of the time it worked wonders for me.

bP
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.