Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-09, 06:09 PM   #1
weezymagic
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to weezymagic
Default spinnerz and buzz baits

ok guys, as most of you know, i am no where near a vet when it comes to fishing but im learning and not ashamed of it but...

what is the difference between when to use buzz/spinner. i know that buzz makes more "chaoticness" in the water but when should i use one over the other and how fast should i be retrieving them. ive heard everything from as fast as you can to just enough so they stay on top of the water.
weezymagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 06:15 PM   #2
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Buzzbaits are top water , however you can churn a spinnerbait on top too. Spinnerbaits are underwater. You want to reel the buzzbait fast enough to keep it on top.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 06:22 PM   #3
REDBULLCUBAN

Send a message via AIM to REDBULLCUBAN

buz baits are an fun bait when fish are active! it makes that top water hit with that big splash nothing like it. but CMorg said all the diff. there really is.
Old 01-15-09, 07:08 PM   #4
weezymagic

Send a message via AIM to weezymagic

thanks guys
weezymagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 01:59 PM   #5
vabassman
BassFishin.Com Member

If you want to have some fun fishing top water try the Rage Tail baits. The toads and shad buzz the top of the water like a buzzbait and they catch big fish.
Old 01-17-09, 01:48 PM   #6
abu4600

Try using the spinnerbait as a backup to a buzzbait.If a bass strikes your buzzbait and misses throw that spinnerbait in there and a lot of times the fish will hit the spinnerbait.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 02:17 PM   #7
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

weezy can't help ya with buzz baits for some reason I can't buy a bite on one , spinner baits are one of the most versatile baits in your box , you can burn them right below the surface slow roll them along the bottom and they are killer on a windy bank just spend some time playing with them and you build confidence in them.

Jim
Old 01-17-09, 02:30 PM   #8
Jigger

I use a buzzbait post spawn after the water has warmed up good and the fish are looking up. I've never had much luck with a buzzbait in a heavy wind whereas I like a wind when fishing a spinnerbait. As others said, a spinnerbait is way more versatile than a buzzbait. You can fish a spinnerbait pre or post spawn. You can wake it on top or slow roll it on the bottom or anywhere in between. You can fish it fast, slow, yo-yo it or pitch it to targets and let it fall.

As far as how to fish a buzzbait, I don't think there is a right or wrong way to fish it. Fish it slow fish it fast or fish it with a pause or a speed up now and then. Just experiment. The fish will let you know.
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.