Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-09, 02:06 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default When nature calls???

Ok, this is an odd subject to bring up, and I realize that. LOL But some of us guys at work were talkin about professional bass tournament fisherman and what it must be like to make a living fishing in tournaments. Guys like KVD and the rest. Someone raised this question. Your fishing in the Bass Master Classic. You've got a crowd of fans following your every move from their boats a short distance from you. You have tv cameramen around. Your 40 miles from the launch site. It's 1:30 in the afternoon and suddenly nature calls. Now what. It's not like there are floating port-a-jons out on the lake. What do these guys do? I seriously doubt they are going to make a run back to the launch. Do they just yell at everyone to turn around for a few? You never see this aspect of tournament fishing come up. Haha
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 02:33 AM   #2
carolina-rig-01

in the B.A.S.S. rules it says (or used to anyways) that they can leave the boat to go to the bathroom, but they must remain in sight of the co-angler and the co-angler could not fish until they returned to the boat. now that B.A.S.S. has done away with the co-anglers i assume the rule will remain but they must stay within sight of the marshal or observer.
Old 01-17-09, 04:19 AM   #3
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Which part of nature is calling? For #1, I think that the old empty water bottle would would work. For #2, I personally would take something like Imodium to get me through the day if I knew bathrooms were nowhere to be found.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 07:40 AM   #4
bcklash

What do you guys do sometimes especially when you get older you gots to go right now we just get out of sight and let it fly. I read somewhere that 90% of all fisherman that drown are found with their zipper down so be careful.
Old 01-17-09, 08:56 AM   #5
WTL

I saw an interview where Ike was talking about how he wears an adult diaper to maximize the number of his casts. He said he just doesnt worry bout it otherwise.
Old 01-17-09, 10:44 AM   #6
keithdog

Well from what I see on tv, those guys don't have any privacy out there on the water with all those fans around. Maybe a popup porta potty with a curtain would be in order, lol. I have to agree with bklash, when ya get older, holding it isn't an option for long. I think I would eat and drink sparingly durring a tournament.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 10:49 AM   #7
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I saw an interview where Ike was talking about how he wears an adult diaper to maximize the number of his casts. He said he just doesnt worry bout it otherwise.

I would have to hold off on the adult diaper thing don't think I could bring myself to do it . I mean you let go of controlling that urge and what happens when you are at the movies are something .

Jim
Old 01-17-09, 11:07 AM   #8
bamabassman

well we have a little porta potty on board. from wally world of course, cheap and is very useful. lost the seat though, so it is kinda uncomfortable now when ya sit on it. gotta get a new one.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 01:30 PM   #9
Bender

I haven't fished too many 8 hour tournaments, but the rules in all of them that I have don't allow you to get out of the boat. I suppose if you called the director and told him what you were doing an exception would be made.
On a local forum here the issue came up last year with peeing off the boat and during ice fishing. Most of the lakes around here are developed and have a lot of boat traffic so sometimes it is hard to find any privacy. I've heard rumors of of the cops being called on ice fishermen that whipped it out on the ice right in front of somebody's house. A lot of our local lakes do not have a toilet at the launch either.
Like bcklash said, I have heard that the majority of drownings come from people slipping when peeing over the side of the boat and hitting their head. It is tough to keep your balance is 2-3 footers on Lake Erie! I tilt the motor up, lean up against it, and hold on.
Or you could go this way if you are really worried about it:
The Bassroom from Cover Your Bass.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 01:32 PM   #10
bamabassman

that's a clever idea there, perfect for the ladies.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 03:47 PM   #11
woody

When I'm feeling a little shy, a 32oz. gatorade bottle works well from the sitting position.

~Woody
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 08:33 PM   #12
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

woody, that's an old trucker trick.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.