Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-10, 07:24 PM   #1
JerseyFisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Just Curious

Does anyone know why Shimano only makes the Curado e5 in right hand retrieve? I think it would just be common sense to make a reel both RH and LH, but I guess Shimano has to have some reasoning behind it. Can they not achieve that 5.0:1 gear ratio when the handle is on the left side?
JerseyFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 08:40 PM   #2
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyFisher View Post
Does anyone know why Shimano only makes the Curado e5 in right hand retrieve? I think it would just be common sense to make a reel both RH and LH, but I guess Shimano has to have some reasoning behind it. Can they not achieve that 5.0:1 gear ratio when the handle is on the left side?

Not sure why they never released the LH version is the states. They do however have a JDM version of the Curado, the Scorpion XT 1501 that comes in a 5.1 LH version. Little higher price but basically the same reel.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 12:47 PM   #3
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

They say that the sales of left handed reels in those gear ratios are not enough to justify the cost of manufacturing them.

There´s no such thing as a Scorpion XT1500 with 5:1 gear ratio, the XT1500 is a 6.3:1, that version is vailable in both, righty and lefty.

Actually, there are no ( and since I can remember ) 5:1 JDM Shimano reels, the 5:1 GR it´s only available for the overseas market ( outside Japan ).
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.