Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-05, 06:28 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default zooker blue water fishing

i was asked to tell the tale of my fishing off shore july 1-3 2005.

i fished with long time hunting buddy. -david- we started off catching about 200 blues and 30+ spanish mackeral from the sportsman's pier at carolina beach.there was 6 of us. as the hijinks were at full swing. i thought dav was yanking my chain when he said "lets go shark fishing at night". turns out man was i wrong. we go out about 10 miles in his boat -30 foot grady white-we were using basicly standup tuna gear a 4/0-5/0 stand up stick with a shimono tiagra the 2 speed reels that packed 800 yards 80 pound test of berkley big game.again this is HIS gear not mine. we were using a 5-6 foot stainless steel wire leader with either a 10/0 or a 15/0 gamakatsu stainless hook. we were hooking whole blue fish up to 2 pounds and just throwing them out in the ocean. the first fish hit 4 mintues later woody latched on to a pretty 58 pound mako. after a 20 mintue battle. we banged him and threw him in a cooler. woody'd little girl- she's 12- catches the next fish a 25 pound black tip. my rod goes nuts starts loosing line at a fast clip. think of hooking a pick up that is heading down the freeway. after a long 73 mintues and tiring battle we boated a nice 153 pound mako. my bro hooks up a big shark and we have to chase him. after about 2 hours we see this beast it is and easy 500 pound black tip. my bro-wormy- decides to tag the shark -like that was real fun.NOT!!!- after we released it we ran back to the "spot" were dav hooks up a smaller shark about 10 pounds. as it is getin light out we move in off the beach were woody's girl hooks up a 30 pound king.
after sleeping 5 hours we headed out to the pier again caught a ton of blues and spanish mackeral.

for those of you who don't fish off shore. shark fishing can be quite boring sharks don't make runs they just go.
a shark feels almost like cows tounge and i don't care who you are they are a royal pain to fillet -fillet easy, skinning real tough- even the best knives made have diffaculty cutting the skin of the shark -we use serated blades- i would rather fillet 500 blues than a single 40 pound shark. it took 3 full grown men to fillet my 158 pound shark.

zooker
Old 07-14-05, 10:34 PM   #2
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Man sounds like you had some real fun there Zooker! Were supposed to go deep sea sometime this month or early next month!
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-05, 03:56 AM   #3
Bass_fishing_girl
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_fishing_girl

Zooker,
Sounds like you had a blast, i'm soooo jealous , makes my little shark i caught surf fishing seem soo tiny. I love deep fried shark, its one of my favorite seafoods. I can't wait for our next trip to the coast, we had planned this fall, but my brother just moved off to North Carolina and we told him we would visit.
Sandra

Give us this day our daily limit :D
Bass_fishing_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-05, 05:14 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

bfg were in nc excatly-town name-.

we were not fishing deep we were in about 50 feet of water fishing down 5-10 feet

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.