Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-12, 08:45 AM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default ok gang...heading to BASS PRO today!

yes, i am about to get ready to go to BASS PRO SHOPS in leeds ,al. was "supposed" to go last friday, but lisa had some of her folks come visit. so i had ot wait ANOTHER week. talk aobut TENSE! HAHAHA!

now....where are all the credit cards i was supposed to get? my phone scam must have not worked (except for bruces, but he didn't have enough credit line, so he is out,lol). oyu can send me some cash if oyu'd like. make a list of what oyu need and i'll be sure to use..err i mean get them for you. i'll test em out to make sure they work (if i can get the cajun back together) and give oyu a report on said baits.

for real though, i can't wait to ge the boat back together. gonna have new seats in a couple of weeks too. lisa is excited about that almost as much as i am. i'm gonna get ehr all spiffed up too. wash and wax her real good. hopefully put some shine back in her. she sure needs it. although there are some spots that wax ain't gonna help. but it's a start. the other things will have to wait till i can save some more money.

so ya'll pray the monkey AND LISA doesn't beat me over the head too bad today. lol. i'll be like a little kid in a candy store. hahaha!
Old 08-10-12, 09:47 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
so i had ot wait ANOTHER week. talk aobut TENSE!
Have fun - now that you ARE FINALLY going you are now past tense?

You better treat Lisa to lunch at Chick-Fil-A while you're out SHOPPING!
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 09:50 AM   #3
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
yes, i can't wait to ge the boat back together. gonna have new seats in a couple of weeks too. lisa is excited about that almost as much as i am. i'm gonna get her all spiffed up too. wash and wax her real good. hopefully put some shine back in her. she sure needs it. although there are some spots that wax ain't gonna help. but it's a start.
John just casually reading this post someone could easily get the impression that you're gonna get LISA all spiffed up/washed/waxed/shined even the spots wax ain't gonna help.
Old 08-10-12, 10:32 AM   #4
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Bama, try some Bass Boat Saver for cleaning her up. Have a good time on your outing.
Old 08-10-12, 11:08 AM   #5
bassboogieman

LMFAO, Ken you are demented (and I'm mortified I MISSED that). As you (John and Lisa) are both very dear friends I will not proceed with further abuse. Crap, that was funny.
Old 08-11-12, 09:17 AM   #6
bamabassman

yes ken...oyu ARE demented. more so than i.....and that is saying ALOT!!LOL!

now i TRIED to post all this i am about to do again last night. but due to the storm i typed it out and it didn't show. so here goes.....again. lol.

we left home around 9 am. arrived at the "bass fishing church" alais BASS PRO SHOPS at 10:45 am. went straight to the parts isle. picked up my tach and 3 bank charger. put them in the basket and started to "brouse around". lisa was looking at clothing of course but didn't hang there long she shops FAST,lol. i was looking at all the cleaning, buffing and waxing items. when my phone went off. it's lisa, "we ain't got money, so don't go and blow all oyur insurance money on stuf you don't need or can get cheaper." bait monkey checked!

so i jsut went and looked around trying to find a couple of items i needed. KVD line conditioner was a tthe top of the list....got 1 bottle, BAM $10.00 to the monkey. yes i needed it but could've waited, but didn't. then i was looking for the crank that got all busted up after WHEELER. lisa called me again, "i'm ready, hungry!" me,"ok baby. jsut gonna get 2 more things and i'll be ready." got 3 packs of worm weights, and 2 bps caps.

lisa caught up with me, rolled her eyes and said "enough, let's go." so after only being able to spend 2 hours we were done. bait monkey was pressed against the window as we were leaving crying. but i got what i NEEDED most of all and what is IMPORTANT. now i can get to working on the boat.

we drove straight to my parents house, but on the way i called ahead and asked if they were ready to eat something. they said SURE, we'll meet ya'll at TOP HAT BBQ. aaahhhhh my mom knows me so well. this is the bbq i grew up on folks. smoked pork shoulder over HICKORY WOOD. pulled pork at that. so we met them and ate (YES I BROUGHT HOME SOME EXTRA MEAT,LOL) then drove to mom and pops house for a visit.
after watching the kids (great neices and nephews) swim and do dives, it was time for some CANASTA! men against the ladies. by the way, lisa and i mom CHEAT! HAHAHAA!! which is what makes it so fun. and of course me and pop got our arses WHUPPED this time.

it is then 9:30 pm and lisa and i load up and head home. as we leave the driveway, the rain starts POURING down. storms ALL the way home. inmagine going 45 mph ON THE INTERSTATE. it rained that hard. what normally takes 1 1/2 hrs took almost 2 1/2 hrs.

we pull up int he drive and i jump out to check the mailbox. i forgot i had my cell between my legs and it goes out into the driveway. we go i the house after unloading the car and i remembered my phone. by now it is POURING once again. i find the phone though and it is now sitting in a bag of rice. i hope this works folks. ya'll know i can't go without texting ya'll SOS'S, hahahaha!

so....bass pro shops got me for close to $340.00 bucks, dinner was on pop (thanks dad..i love oyu) and the visit and card game i cannot and WILL not put a price on.

so in short it was a TERRIFIC day folks.

now i gotta see if the phone will work, then go out and work on the boat.

OH YEAH....ALMOST FORGOT. my old high school buddy met us at mom andpops. this is the guy who's wife does boat seat and car seats. she had a sample of swatches with her, i picked out the colors, gave her my old seats and in 2 weeks....the RAJUN CAJUN will have BRAND NEW SEATS. i am so excited about that too. ol mississippiboy is gonna get him some too. i'll get daneil to post up her email when we get ours back. he'll post up pics of our seats and if anyone of ya'll or a friend knows someone who needs seats for ANY style boat, give her a holler.

ok,now i am rady ot go. lol.
Old 08-11-12, 06:28 PM   #7
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
John just casually reading this post someone could easily get the impression that you're gonna get LISA all spiffed up/washed/waxed/shined even the spots wax ain't gonna help.
I read it that way too.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 06:47 PM   #8
woody

hahaha!! O.K. now we are even on the cell phone mishap! hahaha

I hope to see you at Dale!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 07:24 PM   #9
keithdog

Let me guess. The seats will be red with great big ol'e white A's on them? Serious though bud. That is a perfect day, especially the last few hours minus the the rain storm.
Old 08-11-12, 07:36 PM   #10
bamabassman

lol, i guess we are mark. but it's working now. at least for a little while i hope, gonna gt a new one next month.

and nope keith....as much as i WANT to do what oyu said, it ain't gonna happen. now if ya'll all chip in and donate enough money for me to REALLY restore her the way i WANT to....welll what is now black would be white, what is gold would be crimson, and the little red outline around the gold would be elephant grey. and yes, ther would be crimson and white seats with a BIG "A" and BAMABASSMAN stitched on the backs of the seats. grey carpet too. i can see it now......BEAUTIFUL MAN!!! the trailer would also be crimson. tire cover would have an old style alabama insignia with bamabassman on it as well.

so...who wants to donate some funds for the overhaul? BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

yes it was a wonderful day. hope to get her done for next weekend. working on her now.
Old 08-11-12, 08:01 PM   #11
keithdog

John, this here is your next boat, and if I win the lottery, it will be delivered to your driveway. You can have Bullet changed to TIDE MANNNNNN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	8142  
Old 08-11-12, 10:17 PM   #12
bamabassman

make it a pheonix and oyu got a deal keith. lol, not that i don't appreciate the thought. i jsut ain't a bullet man. too light and way too fast for me. but i love the pheonix.

on second thought, jsut let me re-do the cajun....we have a history together already. i truly do love this rig. and i know her so well, inside and out now, hahahaha!!!

and thanks bryce! she is chrging up as we type. all i gotta do tomorrow is replace the aeroator and the wash and wax and huff and puff and buff on her. CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY NEW SEATS EITHER!!!

i SHOULD be on the water this ocming friday. weather permitting.
Old 08-11-12, 10:18 PM   #13
bassboogieman

Quote:
so...who wants to donate some funds for the overhaul?
i'm in for a dollar, but you've got to dance around a pole wearing only a thong, first.
Old 08-11-12, 10:23 PM   #14
bamabassman

and oyu wonder WHY i won't stay on a HOUSEBOAT GANG?!?!?

hahahaha, nice offer bruce.....but no thanky sir. lol!
Old 08-12-12, 09:43 PM   #15
Bassboss

Woo Hoo!!

Have a ball John! Try to keep the monkey in check a little bit though!

Or not... yeah, definitely not. lol
Old 08-13-12, 04:08 AM   #16
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
i'm in for a dollar, but you've got to dance around a pole wearing only a thong, first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
and oyu wonder WHY i won't stay on a HOUSEBOAT GANG?!?!?

hahahaha, nice offer bruce.....but no thanky sir. lol!
hahaha. Hey John, this reminds of an incident that happened at the last Dale Hollow get-together. It's a bit disturbing.. you see, Doc had just gotten out of shower and walked out of the bathroom, and let's just say there were no poles or thongs to speak of. hahahaha! true story

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 08:25 PM   #17
bamabassman

ok....now THAT is a picture embedded in my mind and i can't for the life of me get it out. how am i gonna sleep now mark? lol.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.