Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-10, 05:24 PM   #26
JohnnyG
BassFishin.Com Member

That is some great input guys. I was at the lake yesterday and the water came up about 10-12ft that was a surprise to me. The water is still clear in the main lake 10-15ft vis. water temp is holding at 51-53 in the AM then warms up to 54-55 in the PM. I figured I would head up to the river and see. I do good up their in the summer and spring. Winter and fall not so much I start off with out of the box thinking I started with jig/green trailer nothing, then switch black jig/pink trailer then BAM it was like a switch got flipped on I was able to get bit shallow and deep I only stuck four fish the rest I just shook off I even had one fish 3+lb hold on until it got to the boat. I think I will stick with pattern and build from their. What do you think?
JohnnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 07:17 PM   #27
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sounds like you had one productive day yesterday. Did all the fish come off the same points or ditches or channel bends etc? Were the shallow fish close to the deep fish? If you caught some fish on shallow points and others off deep ditches then you have two patterns to think about. Did you try other parts of the lake to see if you could duplicate what you found?
Old 01-11-10, 10:16 PM   #28
JohnnyG
BassFishin.Com Member

Yes to all your questions. The most interesting thing I found was the fish were sitting in 10-15" of water all you had to do is put your bait on land and slide it in the water and they would just about jump on land to get your bait. It was cool never seen that before. I don't think anyone is doing or using what I am. I will let you know what that is after the tourn. You know why.
Old 01-16-10, 01:56 AM   #29
JohnnyG
BassFishin.Com Member

Well the time has come I hope all the homework pays off. Wish us luck!
Old 01-17-10, 09:39 AM   #30
flippin4it
BassFishin.Com Active Member

[QUOTE=JohnnyG;277858]I just wanted to know if you can pre fish to much? I have been pre fishing for a tourn for the past 2-3 weeks going out at least 6 days. I have been doing well 10-12lb best five all over the lake. And next thing I know it's game time I can't stick a fish I get 2 fish 2.5lb total. I am starting to think that I may have over fished the lake. Is this possible, I never stuck more than one fish in an area while pre fishing. The winning weight for the tourn. was 9.5lb and that has been the winning weight at a number of tourn's on this lake. I just don't understand What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
Use pre-fishing to find fish and narrow down the colo/pattern needed to catch fish. Once that has been done, move to the next area and repeat. Don't keep fishing the area after 2-3 fish are caught. Just come back the next day duing the same time/tide and floss the area with the same pattern.
Old 01-17-10, 02:46 PM   #31
JohnnyG
BassFishin.Com Member

Well the day started with post front conditions blue bird sky slight wind. We had 19boats the lake was Millerton lake in Fresno county water temp was 52 in the AM and warmed up to 56. First cast throwing a small white crank fish on 1.3lb we had a limit by the 8am maybe 6lb. We had 15-20 fish all day. We were throwing a brown jig with a pink double tail trailer.Their was only 6 limits a lot of guys blanked we finish the day with 6.46lb 5th place overall winning weight was 7.70 and won $837.00.
Old 02-04-10, 04:21 PM   #32
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well its a gimme to much is to much but one fish per no its normal prefish for most.
Locked in possibly,but doubt it,figure in those different days you had to change baits or colors somewhat,tactics .Raising or falling water and or temps cause a lot of moving around.
Suggest your trying to hard,prefish one day wait a few then prefish again to see if different.
Day of the T treat like the third prefish,alter patterns spots until you find them.
Changing conditions will always move them and fronts effect them as well.
If one stayed on them 15 days in a row very possibly on the 16th day he couldnt get a bite,all because something changed.
The mind set of prefishing is to find fish, figgure out what where,T fishing should be no different.Not hole number 4 on a shadrap number 7.
Therfore go prefishing at the day of the T in your mind anyway.You seem to do better at that now dont you.
That is because the mind is open then not already got all problems solved.
Was it by chance Kerr?
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.