Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-08, 08:31 PM   #1
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing
Default Need some help for a fellow member...

Most of you probably know our good buddy 1FASTLASER and see him around here pretty regularly. Lately though, he was robbed and left with near-zero fishing rods, reels, tackle, etc. On top of that, you probably read his post and know his wife broke part of her leg/ankle and 1FASTLASER had to pay out-of-pocket for the surgery.

1FASTLASER and I have been talking and I've decided to start a small fundraiser for him. If you have any rods, reels, tackle, line, boxes, etc. you'd like to donate, feel free and post what you have, then we'll send it off to him.

Let's get a good guy back on his feet and fishin' again!

I'll start by donating a Cabela's Guidewear Tackle Bag which holds around 15 Plano boxes.

Hope all is well soon with you Laser,

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-08, 09:35 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

buzzie...man that is a great thing you are doing. as soon as i can pal i am gonna send somthing, dunno what yet. but something. may take me a little longer thn the rest of the gang, but i'll send something buddy. let me get a few things settled here first ok?
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-08, 09:48 PM   #3
Buzz Wing

Thanks, John!

Take as long as you wish, but as long as it gets to him. That's all that counts, right?

Keep it up guys!
Old 06-25-08, 08:23 AM   #4
Jim80

I'll see what i could do man it might not be great but it will be something at least , let me know the details for everything .
Old 06-25-08, 09:07 AM   #5
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Wing View Post
Most of you probably know our good buddy 1FASTLASER and see him around here pretty regularly. Lately though, he was robbed and left with near-zero fishing rods, reels, tackle, etc. On top of that, you probably read his post and know his wife broke part of her leg/ankle and 1FASTLASER had to pay out-of-pocket for the surgery.

1FASTLASER and I have been talking and I've decided to start a small fundraiser for him. If you have any rods, reels, tackle, line, boxes, etc. you'd like to donate, feel free and post what you have, then we'll send it off to him.

Let's get a good guy back on his feet and fishin' again!

I'll start by donating a Cabela's Guidewear Tackle Bag which holds around 15 Plano boxes.

Hope all is well soon with you Laser,

-Buzz

Oh, my god. A selfless act by buzz ding. I will give props where props are due. Good Idea
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 02:28 PM   #6
Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
I'll see what i could do man it might not be great but it will be something at least , let me know the details for everything .
Jim,

1FASTLASER as you heard lost everything, I mean everything except a boat. Line, reels, rods, lures, plastics, sinkers, hooks; anything else you can think of will be much appreciated. Just send him a PM or send me a PM and we'll get it worked out so your shipment gets to him.
Old 06-25-08, 05:22 PM   #7
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

Sorry to hear that man. I might be able to send you some bass stuff i have left over from a theft that happened to me a few days ago.

TB
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 06:02 PM   #8
flfireman

Send me an addie on the mail.
Old 06-27-08, 06:16 AM   #9
1FASTLASER

To those of you helping out I wanna say and my boys as well THANK YOU. Sonce I carry liability on the boat and I rent no insurance help with my loss. To top it off the wife being laid up has me down to my check alone and that just barely covers the bills right now. I told the boys what Buzz is doing and you shoulda seen the grin on there faces. I have been sick at my stomach knowing what I lost that would have been there's (the boys) when I go the the fishing lake in the sky). I had everything as Buzz stated stolen. Rods,reels,all tackle boxes and the bag that I kept my lead pot and molds and such for the jigs that I make. The SOB's that got me got everything that we had for fishing. They left me with 3 broken in half rods.
My point is with fine folks like you fellas out there I am so prud to say "I AM A BASS FISHERMAN AND I BELONG TO THE COUNTRY"S BIGGEST FAMILY"
A couple years ago I had my boys rods stolen but I recovered from that pretty quick. I cant help but feel that whoever did this was out to get me. They walked right past tools that use ....that coulda been gotten rid of very quickly and went straight for the equipment. Walked around my buddys Nitro 896 Savage to get to my stuff with both of his stainless props laying in the flor. All I can say if (which I doubt) I ever find out who did this they will regret ever even setting foot on my property. To close up this long post and wanna say that those f you that stepped up to help "MAY GOD BLESS YOU". There is not alot of very fine folks out there left that are as good hearted as you are. PLEASE dont ever hesitate to ask for help in anyway shape or form ifn ya need ANYTHING. Your Friend in ARKISLAW. With friends like you I feel like the richest man in the world. The best thing is my boys know they will be going fishing again and thats PRICELESS
Old 06-27-08, 09:20 AM   #10
Buzz Wing

Glad we could help you out, Laser!

Old 06-27-08, 01:38 PM   #11
carolina-rig-01

laser........pm sent.
Old 06-29-08, 04:32 PM   #12
1FASTLASER

For those of you helping out here is my addy
Dirk S Courtney
300 West 8th Ave
Crossett,Arkansas 71635

Again my boys and I wanna thank you fine folks for what you are doing.
Old 06-29-08, 05:53 PM   #13
WTL

Laser, I probably have less gear than most on here but send me a PM, let me know what you have - most of the stuff I can spare is junk but maybe I can help find something you can use.
Old 06-29-08, 07:13 PM   #14
bamabassman

laser, how old are your boys?
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.